Subject: [Anima] Benjamin Kaduk's No Objection on draft-ietf-anima-asa-guidelines-06: (with COMMENT)

From: Benjamin Kaduk via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 19:48:17 -0800

Benjamin Kaduk has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-anima-asa-guidelines-06: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/blog/handling-iesg-ballot-positions/
for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-anima-asa-guidelines/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the updates in the -06; by and large they look good
(especially the resolution to my Discuss).

I may still have some lingering confusion about Installation Hosts,
though -- in Section 6.1.1 we write:

   *  [ASA_placement_function] specifies how the installation phase will
      meet the operator's needs and objectives for the provision of the
      infrastructure.  This function is only useful in the decoupled
      mode.  It can be as simple as an explicit list of Installation
      Hosts, or it could consist of operator-defined criteria and
      constraints.

But I think, in light of the context in which this appears, it would
make more sense to say "can be as simple as an explicit list of hosts
on which the ASAs are to be installed" (or perhaps a variant that uses
the "[List_of_hosts]" spelling of the following paragraph).
On the other hand, I could just be suffering from having previously confused myself
by reading the -05, and maybe this is actually fine for someone reading
it for the first time.