Subject: Interop slots?

From: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 09:19:44 -0700

Hi,

Chris & I find that the Applications Area has a light enough schedule  
that we could set aside some meeting slots purely for interoperability  
testing get-togethers.

If anybody is interested in organizing such a get-together in Dublin,  
please let us know or start looking for participants.  We need to know  
as soon as the agenda arrangement begins, so the firm deadline for  
interop scheduling suggestions is May 26, the same deadline as for WG  
meeting scheduling.

Lisa
_______________________________________________
Apps-Discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/apps-discuss

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 19:50:37 +0300

Hi,

> that we could set aside some meeting slots purely for interoperability

can you really get any serious testing done during a regular meeting  
slot? The longest is 2.5 hours.

In the past, we've simply asked the secretariat nicely if they  
happened to have a spare room on Saturday, Sunday or Friday that we  
could get for a full day...

Lars

---

From: Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 09:58:09 -0700

At 9:50 AM -0700 5/13/08, Lars Eggert wrote:
>_____________

Short answer: sure, as a lot of the real work in any interop is done long
before the meeting and in the private interactions that occur  as follow-up
among participants that met at an interop.

You may want to ask the secretariat, though, if you can glom together
multiple slots, so that you can get more than one slot in a row for any
takers.  If the agenda for APPs is really light, that may well not be a problem.

Just my opinion, of course,
				Ted
_______________________________________________
Apps-Discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/apps-discuss

---

From: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 14:25:57 -0700

To agree with Lars as well as Ted:  yes, we were thinking of asking  
the Secretariat for a room all day Wednesday to cover all the slots  
that day and have no other Apps meetings that day.  Wednesday would be  
a day where an interop/meeting attendee could easily attend a Monday  
meeting and the interop, while another attendee could attend a Friday  
meeting and the interop -- hopefully easier for people to plan and  
justify travel.

All this depends on what kind of interop organization we see -- what  
kind of attendance would be expected, how much time needed, what  
regular WG meeting (if any) is most closely related to the interop  
topic(s).

Lisa

---

From: Leslie Daigle <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 12:11:43 -0400

Not that I have any software to suggest for interop testing, but a 
thought occurs:  since there will be v6 (-only) network available, 
perhaps having some of this focused on application v6 enablement testing?

Leslie.

-- 

-------------------------------------------------------------------
"Reality:
      Yours to discover."
                                 -- ThinkingCat
Leslie Daigle
[email-masked]
-------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Apps-Discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/apps-discuss

---

From: Kurt Zeilenga <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 09:39:11 -0700

I can organize some LDAP and/or SASL (in various apps protocol)  
testing.  I'll ping these communities and get back to you before the  
cut-off.

-- Kurt

---

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 12:26:04 +0100

>perhaps having some of this focused on application v6 enablement testing?
I think there are several IPv6 capable Lemonade (IMAP) servers, so we 
can try to do that.