Subject: [apps-discuss] Fwd: I-D Action:draft-hartmann-default-port-for-irc-via-tls-ssl-01.txt

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 16:21:29 -0600

I'm not sure if IRC counts as Apps or RAI these days, but I figured this
I-D might be of interest here...

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D Action:draft-hartmann-default-port-for-irc-via-tls-ssl-01.txt
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 17:15:05 -0700 (PDT)
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title           : Default Port for IRC via TLS/SSL
	Author(s)       : R. Hartmann
	Filename        : draft-hartmann-default-port-for-irc-via-tls-ssl-01.txt
	Pages           : 5
	Date            : 2010-09-26

This document describes the established best industry practice of
listening on TCP port 6697 for incoming IRC connections encrypted via
TLS/SSL.

This document does not try to limit the use of lesser-used ports like
7000 and 9999.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hartmann-default-port-for-irc-via-tls-ssl-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.