Subject: [apps-discuss] apps-team review of draft-das-mipshop-andsf-dhcp-options

From: Claudio Allocchio <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 16:40:47 +0200 (CEST)

I have been selected as the Applications Area Review Team reviewer for 
this draft (for background on apps-review, please see 
http://www.apps.ietf.org/content/applications-area-review-team).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments you 
may receive. Please wait for direction from your document shepherd or AD 
before posting a new version of the draft.

Document: draft-das-mipshop-andsf-dhcp-options
Reviewer: Claudio Allocchio (GARR, Italian Research and Academic Network)
Review Date: 2010-09-06
IETF Last Call Date: 2010-08-09 (?)
IESG Telechat Date: 2010-09-09

Summary: This draft has not any specific Application Area issues (use of 
XML, date/time format, URIs, Internationalization conformance, IDNA, 
etc.), hence fro this point of view it is ready for publication as 
Proposed Standard.

Major Issues: None.

Minor Issues:

- section 2: maybe I'm just overconcerned with clarity, but I would 
rephrase the second senctence and schema repeating "IPv4 address" instead 
of only "IP address(es)"

The Option begins with an option code followed by a length and one
or more IPv4 addresses. The option layout is depicted below:

      0  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
                                      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
                                      | Option Code   |    Length     |
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
      |                     IPv4 Address                              |
      .                                                               .
      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

- Section 3:

same as above: use "IPv6 address(es)" all the time, instead of only "IP 
address(es)".

Nits: None.

I hope this helps!   ;-)

Best Regards!
Claudio

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Claudio Allocchio             G   A   R   R          [email-masked]
                         Senior Technical Officer
tel: +39 040 3758523      Italian Academic and       G=Claudio; S=Allocchio;
fax: +39 040 3758565        Research Network         P=garr; A=garr; C=it;

            PGP Key: http://www.cert.garr.it/PGP/keys.php3#ca