Subject: [apps-discuss] Not running for another Applications Area Director term

From: Alexey Melnikov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 20:19:20 +0100

Greetings,
As people started to ask me privately about this, I think I should 
publicly state that after much thought I decided not to run for another 
term as an Applications Area Director. So if you were volunteered for 
the job, but haven't accepted it, please think hard before declining it. 
If you already declined, maybe you should reconsider.

If you want to know more about pros. and cons., feel free to contact me 
and I will be happy to talk about that. I have to say I had terrific 
time as an Application AD and I will enjoy the rest of my term.

If you want to read more about my reasons and what else I am up to, look 
here: <http://thehemul.blogspot.com/2010/09/i-shall-not-return.html>

Best Regards,
Alexey

-- 
IETF Application Area Director, <http://www.ietf.org/iesg/members.html>
Internet Messaging Team Lead, <http://www.isode.com>
JID: same as my email address
Twitter: http://twitter.com/aamelnikov