Subject: [apps-review] Reminder: Request for review: draft-ietf-dime-extended-naptr-06

From: SM <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 08:24:32 -0700

Hi Julian,

The review of draft-ietf-dime-extended-naptr-06 has been assigned to 
you and is due before April 20.

You can find information about the author and WG in the datatracker ( 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-extended-naptr/ 
).  Some previous reviews from the Apps-review Team are accessible at 
http://www.apps.ietf.org/content/apps-review-template

The review should be sent to apps-discuss, the authors, the IESG, the 
WG Chairs and document shepherd, if applicable.

The subject of the email when submitting the review should be 
"apps-team review of
draft-ietf-dime-extended-naptr-06".

Please see the message posted at 
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/apps-review/current/msg00495.html.

Best regards,
-sm

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 10:58:36 +0200

On 18.04.2011 17:24, SM wrote:
> Hi Julian,
>
> The review of draft-ietf-dime-extended-naptr-06 has been assigned to you
> and is due before April 20.
>
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-extended-naptr/ ). Some
> previous reviews from the Apps-review Team are accessible at
> The review should be sent to apps-discuss, the authors, the IESG, the WG
> Chairs and document shepherd, if applicable.
> ...

I can do a fully mechanical check (ABNF, references, keywords, etc), but 
I do not have *any* knowledge about the technical matter. I'll do what I 
can today, but maybe somebody else can take over with the remainder?

Best regards, Julian

---

From: SM <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 02:36:42 -0700

Hi Julian, Joseph,
At 01:58 19-04-2011, Julian Reschke wrote:
>I can do a fully mechanical check (ABNF, references, keywords, etc), 
>but I do not have *any* knowledge about the technical matter. I'll 
>do what I can today, but maybe somebody else can take over with the remainder?

Can you do the mechanical checks?

Joseph, can you do the rest of the review?  I would have done the 
DDDS part if I had the time over the next few days.  If you don't 
have the time, I'll do it as it is less effort than finding another 
reviewer for the assignment.

I suggest that you do a joint review if both of you accept the assignment.

Best regards,
-sm

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 17:55:30 +0200

On 19.04.2011 11:36, SM wrote:
>> but I do not have *any* knowledge about the technical matter. I'll do
>> what I can today, but maybe somebody else can take over with the
>> remainder?
>

Done.

All I have is:

-- snip --
Editorial:

        iana-registered-service = aaa-service / ALPHA *31ALPHANUMSYM
        aaa-service             = "aaa+ap" appln-id
        appln-id                = DIGIT *DIGIT
                                  ; Application identifier expressed as a
                                  ; decimal integer.

1) Is "aaa+ap" case-insensitive? (That's the ABNF default for string 
literals)

2) Maybe "1*DIGIT" instead of "DIGIT *DIGIT"?

        iana-registered-protocol = aaa-protocol / ALPHA *31ALPHANUMSYM
        aaa-protocol             = "diameter." aaa-transport
        aaa-transport            = "tcp" / "sctp" / "tls.tcp"

(see above re case-sensitity)
-- snip --

(the ABNF and the references seem to be ok, but as I said; I really did 
only a mechanical check).

> Joseph, can you do the rest of the review? I would have done the DDDS
> part if I had the time over the next few days. If you don't have the
> time, I'll do it as it is less effort than finding another reviewer for
> the assignment.
>

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Joseph Yee <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 13:34:16 -0400

On 2011-04-19, at 5:36 AM, SM wrote:

>> I can do a fully mechanical check (ABNF, references, keywords, etc), but I do not have *any* knowledge about the technical matter. I'll do what I can today, but maybe somebody else can take over with the remainder?
> 
> Joseph, can you do the rest of the review?  I would have done the DDDS part if I had the time over the next few days.  If you don't have the time, I'll do it as it is less effort than finding another reviewer for the assignment.

I will review the rest.  Will work with Julian to combine review report.

Joseph