Subject: [aqm] on the relation between draft-ietf-tsvwg-byte-pkt-congest-11 and draft-ietf-aqm-recommendation

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 18:35:05 +0200

Dear all,

After reviewing draft-ietf-tsvwg-byte-pkt-congest-11 (part of the IESG 
telechat) and draft-ietf-aqm-recommendation, I was wondering what the 
connection was between the two drafts.
draft-ietf-tsvwg-byte-pkt-congest will update RFC 2309, while 
draft-ietf-aqm-recommendation will obsolote RFC 2309. I now understand 
that this is not an issue.

I believe that draft-ietf-aqm-recommendation should contain the 
recommendations from draft-ietf-tsvwg-byte-pkt-congest (basically the 
section 2). This is the case now AFAICT. Then 
draft-ietf-tsvwg-byte-pkt-congest could be referenced, informatively, if 
someone wants to read the justifications behind the recommendations. 
Right now, the reference is normative.

Regards, Benoit (as a contributor)

---

From: John Leslie <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 16:10:36 -0400

> someone wants to read the justifications behind the recommendations. 

   +1

--
John Leslie <[email-masked]>