Subject: [aqm] Pointlessness of De-randomization

From: Bob Briscoe <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 23:55:43 +0000

Rong,

I promised my proof that code to de-randomize drops could be pointless.

It's within S.7.7.1 of my PhD dissertation:
<http://www.bobbriscoe.net/pubs.html#refb-dis>
Search for the heading:
"Are RED Markings Uniformly Distributed"

Admittedly, the proof depends on the assumption "as long as the flow 
rate is small relative to the link capacity", which might not be 
applicable in your deployment scenario. However, it might be worth 
you taking a look.

Bob

________________________________________________________________
Bob Briscoe,                                                  BT

---

From: "Rong Pan (ropan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 07:32:30 +0000

Thanks for pointing it out, will readŠ

Rong