Subject: [aqm] Fwd: ANNOUNCE: Netdev 0.1 conference

From: Dave Taht <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 19:13:34 -0800

I would certainly like it if more communities had mixers.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jamal Hadi Salim <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Nov 19, 2014 at 6:47 PM
Subject: ANNOUNCE: Netdev 0.1 conference
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], David Miller <[email-masked]>, Stephen
Jaworski <[email-masked]>, Richard Guy Briggs <[email-masked]>

Please forward to all places you think are relevant.

Netdev 0.1 (year 0, conference 1) is a community-driven conference
geared towards Linux netheads. Linux kernel networking and user
space utilization of the interfaces to the Linux kernel networking
subsystem are the focus.
If you are using Linux as a boot system for proprietary networking,
then this conference _may not be for you_.

The netdev conference this year is structured to be 50/50
by-invitation and talk submission. We are making sure that we
reach out to speakers who have interesting relevant topics because
we recognize most of these folks would typically not be submitting
papers to a conference. The invitation will be made by the technical
committee to the individual speakers both for paper and tutorial
sessions.

The call for papers is for the 50% submission portion of the
conference for both paper submission as well as tutorials.
We *highly discourage* submission of recycled talks.

Current topics include
- wireless
- performance analysis and improvement
- networking hardware and offload
- netfilter
- traffic control
- different networking layers (L2/3, etc)
- internet of things
- security
- additional topics can be suggested

We encourage submission of papers and tutorials. Unlike other
conferences, we are going to try and accommodate as many submissions
as possible - but please stay within the relevant topic focus and
tie to Linux networking to make it easier for the technical committee
to provide quick feedback. In order to give a talk you must be
registered. If your proposal is accepted you will not be charged
a conference fee or your conference fee will be refunded to you
when your talk gets accepted.
We will be posting more updates on how to submit in the near future.

We expect about 3-4 parallel tracks both during tutorials and main
talks. Tutorials will be on the first day and talks on subsequent days.

Why you should register
-----------------------
If you yearn for the old community tech driven conferences where
you mingle with fellow geeks (only these would be Linux networking
geeks) then this would be it. There will be no marketing flashy
openings. There will just be a pure feed of Linux networking.
netdev 0.1 will be held back to back with netconf 2015, the
by-invite Linux kernel networking workshop
(http://vger.kernel.org/netconf2015.html).
So gurus of all sorts will be there mingling and giving talks.
While there will be heavy Linux kernel influence we expect a lot
of user space presence as well.

Location:
---------
Downtown Ottawa, Canada. Exact location to be announced.
www.netdev01.org

Important Dates:
----------------
November 26, 2014               Call for Papers opens
December 10, 2014               Registration opens
January 10, 2015                Call for sessions deadline
January 20, 2015                Conference schedule announced
February 14-17, 2015            Conference days

Please register as soon as registration opens up on December 10.
Registering helps us plan properly for numbers of attendees,
ensuring venue sizes and supplies are appropriate without
wasting resources.

contact:
--------
[email-masked]

--
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe netdev" in
the body of a message to [email-masked]
More majordomo info at  http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html

-- 
Dave Täht

thttp://www.bufferbloat.net/projects/bloat/wiki/Upcoming_Talks