Subject: [aqm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-aqm-ecn-benefits-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 05:47:08 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Active Queue Management and Packet Scheduling Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : The Benefits and Pitfalls of using Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN)
        Authors         : Godred Fairhurst
                          Michael Welzl
	Filename        : draft-ietf-aqm-ecn-benefits-01.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2015-03-23

Abstract:
   XXX Author Note: The WG are being asked to consider changing this
   title - see list XXX

   This document describes the potential benefits and pitfalls when
   applications enable Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN).  It
   outlines the principal gains in terms of increased throughput,
   reduced delay and other benefits when ECN is used over network paths
   that include equipment that supports ECN-marking.  It also lists
   potential problems that might occur when ECN is used.  The document
   does not propose new algorithms that may be able to use ECN or
   describe the details of implementation of ECN in endpoint devices,
   routers and other network devices.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-aqm-ecn-benefits/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-aqm-ecn-benefits-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-aqm-ecn-benefits-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/