Subject: Re: [aqm] review of draft-ietf-aqm-ecn-benefits-04

From: Wesley Eddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2015 10:31:01 -0400

On 5/7/2015 5:39 PM, Dave Taht wrote:
> On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 2:31 PM, Michael Welzl <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>>
>>> On 7. mai 2015, at 22.40, Dave Taht <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>>
>>> I see that during my absence here most mention of the potential
>>> negative aspects of ecn
>>> have been nuked from this document.
>>
>> Actually I don't think we really removed any - it's just a stylistic change (title, headlines). So: could you be specific about which one there is in a (which?) previous version that is missing in this one?
> 
> You are correct. I should have said that few of the negatives I had
> attempted to discuss previously were added to the document.
> 

Hi Dave, I'm trying as a co-chair to figure out if we have consensus
on this document to go forward.  If it's easy to point to, or summarize,
a list of negatives that haven't yet been included, I think that would
make it simpler for the editors to incorporate.  I wasn't able to go
back and track every message, but the things that have been most
discussed do seem to be included currently.  If there are some still
missing, I'd like to make sure they get discussed and incorporated as
needed.

There was the topic of "gaming ECN", which I thought Bob Briscoe's
message on 4/15/2015 came close to putting to rest, and personally,
I'm not sure if or how to reflect this conversation in the draft, but
maybe others have more clear ideas?

-- 
Wes Eddy
MTI Systems