Subject: [aqm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-aqm-fq-codel-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 13:44:56 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Active Queue Management and Packet Scheduling Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : FlowQueue-Codel
        Authors         : Toke Høiland-Jørgensen
                          Paul McKenney
                          Dave Taht
                          Jim Gettys
                          Eric Dumazet
	Filename        : draft-ietf-aqm-fq-codel-02.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2015-10-19

Abstract:
   This memo presents the FQ-CoDel hybrid packet scheduler/AQM
   algorithm, a powerful tool for fighting bufferbloat and reducing
   latency.

   FQ-CoDel mixes packets from multiple flows and reduces the impact of
   head of line blocking from bursty traffic.  It provides isolation for
   low-rate traffic such as DNS, web, and videoconferencing traffic.  It
   improves utilisation across the networking fabric, especially for
   bidirectional traffic, by keeping queue lengths short; and it can be
   implemented in a memory- and CPU-efficient fashion across a wide
   range of hardware.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-aqm-fq-codel/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-aqm-fq-codel-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-aqm-fq-codel-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Toke Høiland-Jørgensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 22:56:21 +0200

> 	Filename        : draft-ietf-aqm-fq-codel-02.txt

This is a minor update of the FQ-CoDel draft. It adds text to the
"Security considerations" section about the implementation details
necessary to pay attention to in order to avoid security issues. In
addition, it contains updated calculations for hash collision
probabilities, which we are very thankful to Anil Agarwal for providing.

As of this writing, we believe the only outstanding issue on this draft
(apart from the dependency on the CoDel draft) is Bob's promised review
comments. He has promised those should be forthcoming soon, but we
decided to submit this version now anyway: no reason to waste a nice
deadline :)

Please do not hesitate to point out any other comments you may have on
the current version of the draft.

-Toke