Subject: [aqm] RFC 7806 on On Queuing, Marking, and Dropping

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2016 17:49:09 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7806

        Title:      On Queuing, Marking, and Dropping 
        Author:     F. Baker, R. Pan
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 37818
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-aqm-fq-implementation-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7806

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7806

This note discusses queuing and marking/dropping algorithms.  While
these algorithms may be implemented in a coupled manner, this note
argues that specifications, measurements, and comparisons should
decouple the different algorithms and their contributions to system
behavior.

This document is a product of the Active Queue Management and Packet Scheduling Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC