Subject: [aqm] Last Call: <draft-ietf-aqm-eval-guidelines-11.txt> (AQM Characterization Guidelines) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2016 05:47:13 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Active Queue Management and
Packet Scheduling WG (aqm) to consider the following document:
- 'AQM Characterization Guidelines'
  <draft-ietf-aqm-eval-guidelines-11.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-05-04. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Unmanaged large buffers in today's networks have given rise to a slew
   of performance issues.  These performance issues can be addressed by
   some form of Active Queue Management (AQM) mechanism, optionally in
   combination with a packet scheduling scheme such as fair queuing.
   This document describes various criteria for performing precautionary
   characterizations of AQM schemes.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-aqm-eval-guidelines/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-aqm-eval-guidelines/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.