Subject: [aqm] RFC 7928 on Characterization Guidelines for Active Queue Management (AQM)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 22:16:59 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7928

        Title:      Characterization Guidelines for Active Queue 
                    Management (AQM) 
        Author:     N. Kuhn, Ed.,
                    P. Natarajan, Ed.,
                    N. Khademi, Ed.,
                    D. Ros
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      37
        Characters: 90255
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-aqm-eval-guidelines-13.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7928

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7928

Unmanaged large buffers in today's networks have given rise to a slew
of performance issues.  These performance issues can be addressed by
some form of Active Queue Management (AQM) mechanism, optionally in
combination with a packet-scheduling scheme such as fair queuing.
This document describes various criteria for performing
characterizations of AQM schemes that can be used in lab testing
during development, prior to deployment.

This document is a product of the Active Queue Management and Packet Scheduling Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC