Subject: [aqm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-aqm-pie-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2016 11:06:26 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Active Queue Management and Packet Scheduling of the IETF.

        Title           : PIE: A Lightweight Control Scheme To Address the Bufferbloat Problem
        Authors         : Rong Pan
                          Preethi Natarajan
                          Fred Baker
                          Greg White
	Filename        : draft-ietf-aqm-pie-09.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2016-08-02

Abstract:
   Bufferbloat is a phenomenon in which excess buffers in the network
   cause high latency and latency variation. As more and more
   interactive applications (e.g. voice over IP, real time video
   streaming and financial transactions) run in the Internet, high
   latency and latency variation degrade application performance. There
   is a pressing need to design intelligent queue management schemes
   that can control latency and latency variation, and hence provide
   desirable quality of service to users.

   This document presents a lightweight active queue management design,
   called PIE (Proportional Integral controller Enhanced), that can
   effectively control the average queueing latency to a target value.
   Simulation results, theoretical analysis and Linux testbed results
   have shown that PIE can ensure low latency and achieve high link
   utilization under various congestion situations. The design does not
   require per-packet timestamps, so it incurs very little overhead and
   is simple enough to implement in both hardware and software.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-aqm-pie/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-aqm-pie-09

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-aqm-pie-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/