Subject: [aqm] Last Call: <draft-ietf-aqm-codel-07.txt> (Controlled Delay Active Queue Management) to Experimental RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2017 12:58:00 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Active Queue Management and
Packet Scheduling WG (aqm) to consider the following document:
- 'Controlled Delay Active Queue Management'
  <draft-ietf-aqm-codel-07.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-03-27. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes a general framework called CoDel (Controlled
   Delay) that controls bufferbloat-generated excess delay in modern
   networking environments.  CoDel consists of an estimator, a setpoint,
   and a control loop.  It requires no configuration in normal Internet
   deployments.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-aqm-codel/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-aqm-codel/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.