Subject: [aqm] Benoit Claise's No Objection on draft-ietf-aqm-codel-07: (with COMMENT)

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2017 12:16:25 -0700

Benoit Claise has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-aqm-codel-07: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-aqm-codel/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Same view as Warren point 1. I just wondered: why this section 5 as that
position?
1: I found the overall structure of the document a little odd -- I'm
assuming that this is an artifact of its history, or merging multiple
documents into one, or similar. It starts off with a nice description of
queuing and CoDel. It then gets all technical with the pseudo-code (which
was really helpful). Where it feels a little odd is that it then suddenly
goes back to being much more introductory feeling (Section 5 - ), and
feels like it repeats some of the earlier material. Reformatting it all
to address this seems like overkill, but perhaps a readers note to
suggest people who want more background should skip ahead then come back.