Subject: [aqm] Kathleen Moriarty's No Objection on draft-ietf-aqm-codel-07: (with COMMENT)

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 06:40:59 -0700

Kathleen Moriarty has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-aqm-codel-07: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-aqm-codel/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your work on this draft.  I have one question, it seems that
problems with CoDel could lead to DoS attacks.  I understand that the
goal here is reducing buffer bloat, so I would expect to see some
discussion in the security considerations section that mentions improved
availability from the Confidential, Integrity, Availability security
principle discussed along with possible DoS considerations.  Please
correct me if I'm wrong, otherwise it would be helpful to see some text
added.