Subject: [aqm] upstreamed sqm sch_cake in openwrt-18.06-rc2

From: Dave Taht <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2018 20:34:33 -0700

hopefully the identical version of sch_cake that will also be in linux
4.19 (presently in net-next) is now in openwrt's 18.06-rc2 release. It
would be good for tons more folk to beat it up thoroughly over the
next several weeks before it is formally released.

Come on, don't you remember back when reflashing for the cause was fun?

https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/18.06.0-rc2/targets/

For those of you not paying attention to sch_cake's development, see

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net-next.git/commit/?id=046f6fd5daefac7f5abdafb436b30f63bc7c602b

1) It would be good to get back more results from docsis mode on cable
modems (where we hope now you can use 99.99% of the uplink set rate
rather than 85-95%). Also, If anyone's got docsis-3.1 with pie
enabled, it would be good to know if we co-exist well with that.

2) We hope everyone digs the default per-host/per flow fq

3) There's a zillion other features worth exercising, like diffserv. A
late addition was the ability to run at speeds far greater than the <=
1gbit speeds we initially targetted for the shaper component, on
suitable hw. (shaper works great at a gigabit, try it!) Establishing
good cpu constraints by architecture would be good too. Etc.

huge thx to kevin db, toke, jon, and everyone else for finally "making it real".

-- 

Dave Täht
CEO, TekLibre, LLC
http://www.teklibre.com
Tel: 1-669-226-2619