Subject: Re: [arch-d] Architecture-discuss Digest, Vol 47, Issue 6

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2018 21:59:15 +0100

Hi Ted,

I know the Open Group methods and I think I am certified in most of them...
but thats not my dilemma or question... maybe I am not explicit enough or I
am not amble to explain myself enough... But I want to
make/develop/design/architect a method for organizations who use DevOps to
come from level of purpose to level of design.... this without to much
documentations... but solid information which can be used in different
perspectives within the organization.... also "coders"....

Say I have a Business Case (method not relevant) or Business Question
(Explicit)... To design this we can use Archimate3 (Motivation) or BMM... or
IETF method?
Then we could deisgn some Business Layers (of Processes) say BPMN? Or IETF?
And maybe then some Service Design (with Participants and SoaML/UML...)???
Which results in say an WSDL (or Service Description)?

I hope I can make my struggle clear...?

Thanks again.
Ben

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Architecture-discuss <[email-masked]> Namens
[email-masked]
Verzonden: vrijdag 14 december 2018 21:00
Aan: [email-masked]
Onderwerp: Architecture-discuss Digest, Vol 47, Issue 6

Send Architecture-discuss mailing list submissions to
	[email-masked]

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
	https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/architecture-discuss
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
	[email-masked]

You can reach the person managing the list at
	[email-masked]

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific than
"Re: Contents of Architecture-discuss digest..."

Today's Topics:

   1. Question about design, architecturing of services.
      ([email-masked])
   2. Re: Question about design, architecturing of services.
      (Ted Hardie)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2018 21:06:38 +0100
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: [arch-d] Question about design, architecturing of services.
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

Hi all,

I am new to this list. 

My question is about something i am researching. I am busy with a business
question about Content Management. I have been using BMM (Business
Motivation Model) and/or Archimate 3 (Motivation) and now I want to make
"Service Descriptions". I allready have a WSDL and want to connect, with
some explicity and details (DevOps reason) with the BMM artifacts and/or
elements. So I have been looking at SoaML.. 

Does some-one has some examples or ideas if this is the way to go? I am also
thinking about 1 page with all the information on it for the devops teams.
Maybe per service (microservices). 

Thanks in advance.

Ben

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/architecture-discuss/attachments/2
0181213/5a9fe473/attachment.html>

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2018 08:38:03 -0800
From: Ted Hardie <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [arch-d] Question about design, architecturing of
	services.
Message-ID:
	<[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"

Hi Ben,

Welcome to the list.

The SoaML specification actually comes out of the Open Group, rather than
the IETF, so you may find more resources for your question there.
https://www.opengroup.org/forum/service-oriented-architecture-soa  lists an
architecture forum there may have more directed responses.

kind regards,

Ted Hardie

On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 12:08 PM <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>
>
> I am new to this list.
>
>
>
> My question is about something i am researching. I am busy with a 
> business question about Content Management. I have been using BMM 
> (Business Motivation Model) and/or Archimate 3 (Motivation) and now I 
> want to make ?Service Descriptions?. I allready have a WSDL and want 
> to connect, with some explicity and details (DevOps reason) with the 
> BMM artifacts and/or elements. So I have been looking at SoaML?.
>
>
>
> Does some-one has some examples or ideas if this is the way to go? I 
> am also thinking about 1 page with all the information on it for the 
> devops teams. Maybe per service (microservices).
>
>
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
>
>
> Ben
> _______________________________________________
> Architecture-discuss mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/architecture-discuss
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/architecture-discuss/attachments/2
0181214/d0ca8f99/attachment.html>

------------------------------

Subject: Digest Footer

_______________________________________________
Architecture-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/architecture-discuss

------------------------------

End of Architecture-discuss Digest, Vol 47, Issue 6
***************************************************