Subject: [armd] Call for agenda items (pending WG approval)

From: Benson Schliesser <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 12:24:50 -0600

Dear ARMD Participants -

In anticipation of meeting in Prague, please send requests for agenda slots
to Linda and me.  The draft agenda is due by 16-March-2011 - all agenda
requests must be received within the next two weeks.

ARMD is currently undergoing IESG charter review, which should be complete
by 17-March-2011.  In the event that the charter is not approved our WG
session will be canceled.  However, in anticipation of a successful
chartering we are going ahead with coordination of a meeting during the
1510-1610 Afternoon Session II timeslot on Wed (30-March-2011) in Prague.
(See https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/80/agenda.html for updates and
details.)

In the version currently being reviewed, our draft charter covers two areas:

(1) Document the current practices in data center network
architectures and the scaling characteristics of ARP and ND with
respect to large sized layer-2 domains in data centers.

(2) Provide operational recommendations intended to minimize issues
associated with these architectures and characteristics.

Note that, unless the charter is modified during review, we are not
chartered to engage in protocol development.  Our task at this time is to
explore the requirements and operational aspects of ARP/ND scale.  (Protocol
work may be considered in the future, following this requirements phase, if
determined to be appropriate.)  All agenda requests must fit into one of
these two areas described above, in order to be accepted for discussion in
Prague.

Thanks,
-Benson & Linda