Subject: Re: [Asrg] Protecting Legitimate Commercial Email (was Re: ESPC Proposal)

From: "Jeffrey Race" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2003 15:55:50 +0700

On Sat, 26 Apr 2003 10:46:51 -0400, Nathaniel Borenstein wrote:

>XO, which seems to be suffering nothing more than the normal gross 
>incompetence I have come to expect from ISP's.  I find it hard to 
>believe that this kind of blacklisting can possibly be a good thing, 

Another datapoint: my (excellently managed and ethical) ISP AT&T
occasionally gets into a blacklist.   I send their abuse desk the
bounce (which considerately includes the URL detailing the offending 
behavior). This has always been taken care of within 24 hours.  If XO 
can't do this then you should have a heart-to-heart talk with their
management.   If you can't get thru to management, then you should
ditch a (proven) badly run firm.

I stress that these are facts from my personal experience.

Jeffrey Race

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg