Subject: [Asrg] Organizing the ASRG list

From: Alan Maitland <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 14:56:37 -0600

ASRG List members,

I have been watching this list and the various threads started here since 
3/6/2003 and am starting to see how it might be useful to establish an HTML 
based board for keeping tabs of the threads and some of the really useful 
thoughts expressed on this list.

While I don't know if I am being impertinent in suggesting such things, I 
would be pleased to dredge up a machine to help in keeping track of the 
threads and messages if this seems a need others see as well.  I seem to 
recall having an old copy of WebBoard, which I could drag out into service 
for this purpose and would be happy to find an appropriate place in 
Commerco's network to place it if others on the list would like me to 
(e.g., something like a UCE.Board.Org address might be right and no, the 
address is not set up yet).

The only major hitch in the plan which I see might be in keeping threads 
from the list and WebBoard synchronized properly.  I am sure others 
probably have thoughts on this, but in bringing the issue of list 
organization up, perhaps an even better answer will present itself.

Best,

Alan Maitland
The Commerce Company - Making Commerce Simple(sm)
http://WWW.Commerco.Com/

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: "Hallam-Baker, Phillip" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 13:51:46 -0700

I find the IETF web archives completely unusable. For reasons of policy it
appears they do not provide any long term index - despite the fact the
software supports this.

So trying to find messages from five days in the past is a real chore. This
appears to be a half-assed scheme to stop 'tourists' dropping in.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Vernon Schryver [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Saturday, April 26, 2003 2:27 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: [Asrg] Organizing the ASRG list
> 
> 
> > From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
> 
> > there's software that provides a threaded web archive of an
> > email list.   this will probably be particularly helpful, though of
> > course mail2news would be nice also.
> 
> Perhaps something like current threaded archive of this 
> mailing list in
> https://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/asrg/current
> /threads.html ?
> 
> That feature of mailman was one of its advantanages that caused me to
> choose it over majordomo the last time I looked.
> 
> 
> Vernon Schryver    [email-masked]