Subject: [Asrg] Accountability - AOL suing spammers

From: Jim Youll <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 23:15:04 -0400

The accountability and legal-recourse vamp/solution should not be forgotten...

definitions...
	Open Relay == attractive nuisance
	Spam that won't stop == trespass and/or harassment
	Guiding principle: The right to be left alone, "Quiet Enjoyment"

=======================

http://media.aoltimewarner.com/media/newmedia/cb_press_view.cfm?release_num=55253129

America Online, Inc. (NYSE: AOL), as part of its ongoing, 
comprehensive battle against spammers, today announced a sweeping 
series of lawsuits against individuals and companies that it alleges 
have repeatedly sent members high volumes of unwanted junk emails 
using a variety of evasive means to circumvent AOL's spam filters.

AOL is filing five separate lawsuits against over a dozen companies 
and individuals, who the Company alleges are together responsible for 
sending an estimated one billion spam emails to AOL members and 
generating over 8 million individual spam complaints from members. 
The latest lawsuits filed by AOL are the first to leverage the 
complaints received by AOL from its members who are using the popular 
"Report Spam" button in AOL 8.0.
_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg