Subject: [Asrg] at: list moderator

From: matthew richards <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 13:26:50 -0700

mod:
i did not realize this list was moderated, but now that i do; please 
unsubscribe me immediately, as there is no point in bothering to post 
to a list where non offensive, constructive comments are arbitrarily 
censored.

---

there have been accusations made against proponents of a reliable 
email system that does not employ filters or blacklisting at the ISP 
level.

i would argue that A: there is no disadvantage to providing 
additional options to users (i.e. and on and off switch for personal 
filtering/blacklisting) B: along a logical line of thought it is in 
the interest of spammers to take a neutral or positive position in 
regards to filters and blacklisting because THEY ARE NOT EFFECTIVE. 
if they were we would not have a spam problem! this should be obvious 
to anyone, if it's not then i suggest you sign up with an ISP that 
employs mandatory filtering and/or blacklisting. you will find that 
it is indeed a "half-assed" solution with limited success, often 
bordering on detrimental. WHY? because A: blacklisting is fascist and 
can be abused. B: filters are not intelligent enough to accurately 
differentiate between spam and legitimate mail.
-m
_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg