Subject: [Asrg] memetic warfare to combat spam evolution

From: "John Fenley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 15:38:23 -0600

Sorry to burst in again with a new idea, but over the last few days my plan 
has come together quite nicely.

At my website www.choicelist.com I have made modification to the old 
choicelist system.

The idea is this:
Give the spammers what they want(access to the inbox), but in a way that 
allows easy handling.

This is done by moving everything with "ADV:" as the first 4 letters into a 
seperate inbox, shown at the same time. That seperate inbox can be deleted 
with one click.

If the choicelist is set up, and the regular inbox is heavily shielded from 
spam(by any means, not just C/R) then the easiest way for spammers to reach 
a person is just to append "ADV:" to the beginning of their subject.

That mail gets an express ticket past the filters to the other inbox where 
people can see it and open it if they want.

lots of things follow the path of least resistance. If you create that path, 
lots of people will follow.

Asking spammers to change is one thing, but giving them a reason to change 
is another.

John Fenley

_________________________________________________________________
The new MSN 8: smart spam protection and 2 months FREE*  
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg