Subject: [Asrg] Spam corpuses

From: Terri Oda <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 22:02:45 -0400

Does anyone besides Spam Assassin have a decent corpus of spam for training
and testing filters?  This could be with or without non-spam.

I was searching and turned up the following ones:

[1] The spam corpuses from Ion Androutsopoulos' papers are linked from here:
        http://www.aueb.gr/users/ion/publications.html

[2] The Spambase collection:
        ftp://ftp.ics.uci.edu/pub/machine-learning-databases/spambase

[3] Spam Assassin's public corpus
        http://www.spamassassin.org/publiccorpus/

[4] Another corpus that turned up, spam only:
        http://clg.wlv.ac.uk/projects/junk-email/

[5] Grant Taylor's collection of spam
	http://www2.picante.com:81/~gtaylor/download/spam.tar.gz

[1] is the stuff used for the original Bayesian filtering papers, as best I
can tell.  Unfortunately, it's already processed a fair bit and only
contains Subject: and body. [2] seems to just be results, and [4] is also
processed and missing most of the headers.  

Does anyone else have favourite links for spam collections?  

 Terri
_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: J C Lawrence <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 19:42:28 -0700

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 22:02:45 -0400 
Terri Oda <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Does anyone besides Spam Assassin have a decent corpus of spam for
> training and testing filters?  This could be with or without non-spam.

I use SpamAssassin, RBLs, and a few other tools on this account, and get
the better part of 100 - 150 spam per day.  I also run a number of salt
addresses which pipe directly into razor-report which get a some
traffic.  It would be fairly easy for me to just let those streams
collect to help build a new corpus.  If even a small handful of us did
this I'm sure we could rapidly come up with a respectable set.

-- 
J C Lawrence                
---------(*)                Satan, oscillate my metallic sonatas. 
[email-masked]               He lived as a devil, eh?		  
http://www.kanga.nu/~claw/  Evil is a name of a foeman, as I live.
_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: mathew <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 09:34:17 -0400

On Thursday, Apr 10, 2003, at 22:42 US/Eastern, J C Lawrence wrote:
> collect to help build a new corpus.

I've been collecting spam for a few weeks now. I have around 2000 
verified pieces of spam I'd be happy to contribute.

mathew