Subject: RE: [Asrg] Challenge to Challenge response

From: Art Pollard <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 14:16:36 -0600

>The Eudora people have a problem, Quallcomm has no interest in developing
>the product. They have no interest in supporting long established
>specifications like S/MIME. Therefore it is unfortunately only a matter of
>time before that product becomes obsolete and dies. Sorry, there is nothing
>I can do when a product vendor abandons their product like that.
>
>I have discussed the issue with Qualcomm directly they are not interested in
>any ongoing product development, whether to stop spam or anything else.

I understand that but my point is that Outlook and others as you have 
mentioned have S/MIME and even so, they still have spam problems.

Also, I communicate with the people at Qualcomm in charge of Eudora every 
once in awhile and Eudora still is under active development.  Just because 
they have chosen to not implement S/MIME does not mean it is an abandoned 
product.  They have been somewhat busy though developing a new OS for their 
phones and so over the past year that is where much of their efforts have 
gone.  But there is a new release coming down the pipeline now and they are 
intending to work on it for the foreseeable future.

-Art
-- 
Art Pollard
http://www.lextek.com/
Suppliers of High Performance Text Retrieval Engines.

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: Kee Hinckley <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 22:54:45 -0400

>>the product. They have no interest in supporting long established

Who said this?  There's no reference, and I can't find the original?

>Also, I communicate with the people at Qualcomm in charge of Eudora 
>every once in awhile and Eudora still is under active development. 
>Just because they

As an alpha tester for Eudora, I can assure you that development for 
the product is very active.  There was definitely a hiatus for a 
while, but the new version definitely puts it on parity with the 
features of other products out there.

If there is interest in getting S/MIME support into the product, now 
would be the right time to try contacting them again.

-- 
Kee Hinckley
http://www.messagefire.com/          Junk-Free Email Filtering
http://commons.somewhere.com/buzz/   Writings on Technology and Society

I'm not sure which upsets me more: that people are so unwilling to accept
responsibility for their own actions, or that they are so eager to regulate
everyone else's.
_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg