Subject: Re: [Asrg] New take on emerging idea. (Query/C-R system?)

From: "John Fenley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 16:24:52 -0600

>From: Kee Hinckley <[email-masked]>
>At 3:07 PM -0600 4/10/03, John Fenley wrote:
>>>From: Kee Hinckley <[email-masked]>
>>>At 3:22 AM -0600 4/10/03, John Fenley wrote:
>>>>Administrator maintained public "choicelist"(functions as a whitelist, 
>>>>and a blacklist) database:
>>>
>>>Who administers this?  And who can read it?
>>Each entry in the database is maintained by the creator of that entry.
>>anyone can read it because it is a public database.
>
>I'm not asking who adds entries to it.  I asked who administers the 
>database.

The database curator is responsible for making sure the database is 
available.

>
>>>
>>>>Database curator:
>>>
>>>Again.  What's the scope of this job?  Per-ISP?
>>>
>>>>2. protect the security of the database against unauthorized changes.
>>>
>>>How are changes authorized?
>>By password, then by password reset, then by an actual person contacting 
>>the creator using the contact info they give.
>
>You skipped the scope.  Who is paying this person's salary?

2 entitys are involved in this:
the curator would be paid by the government.
any employees would also be paid by the government.

the person who created the entry is paid by thier job(or perhaps they are 
retired, or whatever it is they do so they can eat).

>>>>4. give id# of the list's entry to subscribers so they can recieve the 
>>>>list, or use a system where they send the first message to subscribe to 
>>>>the list.
>>>
>>>These ID #'s are unique world-wide?  Who guarantees that?
>>
>>Yes they are unique. there is one central database that that generates a 
>>unique number when an entry is created.
>
>I'm sorry.  Are you proposing one single global address that is run for 
>free (you said this was non-commercial so that it would be better adopted), 
>and into which every user puts their email address, their postal address, 
>their password and a list of every single email address that they allow to 
>send them email?  And further did you not say that if I input an address 
>into this database, I get out a list of all people who can send email to 
>that address?  So in other words, if I subscribe to the porn video 
>volunteers mailing list--anyone can find out?

The database only contains: sending addresses, a subscribe address(i am 
regertting adding this as it makes the system more complex), and an error 
address.

your whitelist is your own, it is stored on your computer. each entry # 
resolves to a list of accepted addresses. that list is stored in the 
database.

porn videos vounteers? so you've seen my other website.

John Fenley

_________________________________________________________________
The new MSN 8: advanced junk mail protection and 2 months FREE*  
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: J C Lawrence <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 15:43:27 -0700

On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 16:24:52 -0600 
John Fenley <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> From: Kee Hinckley <[email-masked]> At 3:07 PM -0600 4/10/03,
>> John Fenley wrote:
>>>> From: Kee Hinckley <[email-masked]> At 3:22 AM -0600 4/10/03,
>>>> John Fenley wrote:

> 2 entitys are involved in this: the curator would be paid by the
> government.  any employees would also be paid by the government.

What government?  

  I'm a citizen of a little known country in the South Pacific that
  isn't recognised by the UN...

  My country doesn't permit individual citizens Internet access.  I'm
  using dialup to a foreign country.

  My country has a new repressive government that wants to snoop and
  review all email traffic....they can use your system as an audit
  monitoring tool.

  Hang on we have people starving to death and you want government funds
  spent on what?

  So this job and facility are going to going to be staffed and run by
  the lowest bidder, and they will of course do a bang up excellent job,
  even when times are tough.

  So I can't send email unless I have routability to the central server
  right?  Ever heard of back hoes or simple routing problems?

  My government is bankrupt.  They haven't paid a salary in more than a
  year.  Government employees are selling off equipment as a way to
  live...

I don't think I need go on.

-- 
J C Lawrence                
---------(*)                Satan, oscillate my metallic sonatas. 
[email-masked]               He lived as a devil, eh?		  
http://www.kanga.nu/~claw/  Evil is a name of a foeman, as I live.
_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg