Subject: [Asrg] voting?

From: matthew richards <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 13:15:20 -0800

i've read many good proposals that have potential and are then 
consequently lost in the fray of new posts, technical nit picking, 
and cat fights.

it would be nice if this list had some kind of executive structure- 
maybe we could elect some "officials" who could manage the threads 
and make critical decisions.

i.e. as a group the ASRG will probably never come to a consensus as 
to the definition of spam (or even if we need an absolute definition) 
i think we do, and i think other members of this list probably agree; 
a vote or poll could determine the majority consensus (and establish 
essential keystones from wich further constructive efforts could be 
launched)- this could give the form greater focus, and make it 
possible for the work items to actually be accomplished! as opposed 
to endless wild threads fraying off into infinity.

take a look at what's been posted so far- have we accomplished 
anything? all i see are a bunch of concentric circles, or maybe 
circus rings. what good ideas do surface are not empowered to stay 
afloat and eventually sink back down into the sediment. if that 
doesn't change, realistically how can we ever hope to accomplish 
anything?
_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg