Subject: [Asrg] Can we improve how spam gets *reported*?

From: Kee Hinckley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 20:39:25 -0400

Never mind detecting it.  Is there any way we could improve reporting 
it?  Finding out who is responsible (and who will listen) to a 
particular spam problem seems to be getting increasingly difficult. 
And manning an abuse desk can't be a picnic either.  Is there any way 
this process could be improved?  Both in terms of ease of tracking 
down IP owners (or the first responsible level in a traceroute), and 
in terms of making it easy for people to give them exactly what they 
need to stop the problem?

FWIW. This came about because I was just trying to to track down the 
owners of the following Axis video cameras:
    2880 194.100.84.20
     812 65.163.44.254
     957 65.214.234.104
    9265 65.77.108.53
    1096 66.123.176.206
     827 80.36.76.101
    9399 sld.clitower.com
The number on the left is the number of messages sent by the camera 
to somewhere.com in the past 24 hours.  (Yes, Axis promises that in 
the future they won't do something stupid like make that the default 
destination address for emailed pictures.)

Anyone want some security pictures?  Last time I turned on the 
account I got some nice pictures suitable for anyone who wanted to 
case a jewelry store in New York City.
-- 
Kee Hinckley
http://www.messagefire.com/          Junk-Free Email Filtering
http://commons.somewhere.com/buzz/   Writings on Technology and Society

I'm not sure which upsets me more: that people are so unwilling to accept
responsibility for their own actions, or that they are so eager to regulate
everyone else's.
_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg