Subject: RE: [Asrg] ASRG IPR policy (was RE: US Spam patents: Partial list)

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 12:00:37 -0400

At 11:57 AM 6/13/2003 -0400, Bob Wyman wrote:

>Paul Judge wrote:
> > We have decided to adopt the following IPR policy for the ASRG.
> > It is based on the IETF's IPR policy as outlined in RFC 2026.
>
>         I hope everyone is aware that IPR policy has been and continues
>to be quite a hotly discussed issue in the IETF IPR Working group. There
>are currently a number of ID's which are very close to going to final
>call that clarify the existing IETF policies.
>[..]

That working group is only working on IPR policy for IETF, not IRTF. Like 
Vern Paxson mentioned earlier, the IRTF does not have a former policy, it 
is decided on case-by-case basis.

Yakov  

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg