Subject: RE: [Asrg] Consent Proposal

From: "Peter Kay" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 18:06:07 -1000

Everyone,

> 
> The charter goes on and on about consent, however aside from 
> Gordon's HTML 
> blocking thread, there has been no discussion of that. If 
> discussion of 
> consent is premature at the moment, what should we be looking 
> at right now? 
> In general, what directions should the group be pursuing at 
> the moment? As 
> it appears rights now, there are mainly various discussions about 
> everything under the sun, but no concrete sense of direction at all.
> 

Yakov said the above better and faster than I ever could.  Everyone
should maybe re-read the charter and reconsider posts carefully to make
sure they are in-scope.  Too much of the posts that occur on this group
are rants that have little to do with research. If you look at the
charter carefully you'll see we've got a lot to get accomplished and
some very specific topics to discuss. Very little of that has happened
so far. 

Charter is at: 
http://www.irtf.org/charters/asrg.html

ASRG page,  INCLUDING POSTING GUIDELINES:

http://www.irtf.org/asrg/

Posting guidelines: (everyone, please pay some special attention to the
last few sentances)

All conversation on this mailing list must be regarding one of the work
items outlined in the ASRG Work Items document below. The subject of
each email should begin with the number of the appropriate work item.
For example, "2.a - Spam Measurement Survey Requirements" or "6 -
Proposal for hash-based traceback system". The list volume makes it
difficult to follow individual conversations and to filter the noise.
This will help eliminate both problems. This is a research group. If you
have constructive feedback, please share it in an appropriate manner. If
you just feel like saying that "spam can not be stopped" or "this group
will fail because I said so", then you should state those things
elsewhere. This mailing list is for discussion towards the goals of the
group as stated in the charter.

Peter Kay
President
TitanKey Software www.titankey.com
The only technology that stops spam BEFORE it's even sent

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 00:11:43 -0400

We haven't seen much direction from the chair and the issue has been 
brought up in the IAB meeting last month.