Subject: Re: [Asrg] Point of information...

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 16:48:15 -0400

At 03:30 PM 6/23/2003 -0400, Barry Shein wrote:

>On June 22, 2003 at 22:10 [email-masked] (Yakov Shafranovich) wrote:
>
>  > >[..]
>  >
>  > was the last time Microsoft cared about an Internet standard when its not
>  > in their interest? Take the HTML example and the various related
>
>    1. How do you know what is in Microsoft's interest? Do you speak
>       for Microsoft?

BTW, I went through the mailing list archives and have seen several 
messages written by people with addresses @microsoft.com. There is 
definitely their presence here, but I guess they are afraid to speak up.

Yakov 

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 16:07:26 -0500

Dear Yakov,

I have to say that if Microsoft people spoke up about Microsoft plans
every time someone speculated about these plans, Microsoft wouldn't
get a whole lot done.

I wouldn't be likely to respond to speculation about my employer.

I'm assuming this is as likely an explanation as being afraid to speak
up...

Spencer