Subject: [Asrg] News Article - Court denies Mailblocks' injunction request

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 12:52:50 -0400

Take a look at this News.com article:

http://news.com.com/2100-1032_3-1016250.html

Some quotes:

"A Washington district court this week denied a request for a preliminary 
injunction by Mailblocks, an antispam software company that claims rival 
Spam Arrest is violating its patented technology. "

"The court ruled in favor of Spam Arrest's motion to stay the request 
despite its admission of patent infringement. Spam Arrest argued instead 
that Mailblocks' patents were invalid because of "prior art"--that is, 
because systems for challenge-response technology predate Mailblocks' own. 
The company also requested that similar pending patent complaints by 
Mailblocks, such as one against EarthLink, should be combined and heard as 
one by the Multidistrict Litigation Panel, which specializes in hearing 
multiple complaints. "

" The company has already dropped a similar suit against MailFrontier 
because it entered into discussions, he said. Also, the company expects to 
announce its first licensing partner later this week"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yakov Shafranovich / <[email-masked]>
SolidMatrix Research, a division of SolidMatrix Technologies, Inc.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"One who watches the wind will never sow, and one who keeps his eyes on
the clouds will never reap" (Ecclesiastes 11:4)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg