Subject: [Asrg] Xircom Patent (was TitanKey etc.)

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jun 2003 12:52:51 -0400

Can someone provide more information on the following patent (USPTO 
6,356,935)? Feel free to use the template from 
http://www.solidmatrix.com/research/asrg/asrg-ipr.html and post your 
responses to the list.

[START TEMPLATE]
1. IP Owner Information. Include legal name and contact information
2. Type of IP: copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, etc
3. IP Information: Patent, Serial, Publication, Registration, or 
Application/File number(s), Date(s) granted or applied for, Whether this 
disclosure relates to an unpublished pending patent application.
4. References: Include links, ASRG list postings, Internet drafts, etc.
5. Licensing Declaration.

The IP Holder states that its position with respect to licensing any IP 
claims disclosed above that would be necessary to implement the technology 
required by an IETF Proposed Standard, Draft Standard, or Standard (or 
other IETF document) is as follows (select one option only):

___ No License Required for Implementers

___ Royalty-Free, Reasonable and Non-Discriminatory License to All 
Implementers

___ Reasonable and Non-Discriminatory License to All Implementers with 
Possible Royalty/Fee

___ Licensing Declaration to be Provided Later (implies a willingness to 
license in some form to all implementers; otherwise, "Unwilling to License 
to All Implementers" must be selected)

___ Unwilling to License to All Implementers

6. Possible Prior Art: Description and links to possible prior art
7. Notes: Additional Notes
[END TEMPLATE]

At 04:19 PM 5/29/2003 -0400, Bob Wyman wrote:
>[..]
>         These "Virtual Private Email Addresses" appear to be very much
>the same method which I've discussed in a few earlier notes, is used in
>TDMA, or is claimed in the Xircom patent that Intel now owns. (see:
>USPTO 6,356,935).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yakov Shafranovich / <[email-masked]>
SolidMatrix Research, a division of SolidMatrix Technologies, Inc.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"One who watches the wind will never sow, and one who keeps his eyes on
the clouds will never reap" (Ecclesiastes 11:4)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg