Subject: [Asrg] IPR Disclosure from TitanKey

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 17:11:07 -0400

Peter Key of TitanKey has made an IPR disclosure regarding his IP, this 
information appears below and has been added to the IPR document:

---------snip-------
4.2. TitanKey.

1. IP Owner Information.

TitanKey Software, LLC. Honolulu, Hawaii.  Web site: www.titankey.com

2. Type of IP.

patent (pending)

3. IP Information.

1. From original disclosure by Peter Key:

Provisional application 60/152,025 filed 09/01/1999, Second provisional 
application 60/180,937 filed 02/02/2000.

US Patent application 09/648,894 filed 8/25/2000, International Patent 
PCT/US00/23561. Filed 8/25/2000.

CIP (improvement) 10/404,631, filed 3/31/2003

4. References.

1. From Original Disclosure by Peter Key:

International patent application  (identical to USPTO application)

How it works

How a VPM (Virtual Private Email) works

5. Licensing Declaration.

(X) Licensing Declaration to be Provided Later (implies a willingness to 
license in some form to all implementers; otherwise, "Unwilling to License 
to All Implementers" must be selected)

6. Possible Prior Art.

none

7. Notes.

1. From original disclosure by Peter Kay:

"This core of invention modifies the traditional SMTP transaction in that 
the MAIL FROM address is compared against a database of various rules 
including a whitelist. The rules analysis decides whether to continue the 
SMTP transaction, or if not, a 550 "no such user" response is given and the 
transaction stops before the DATA command, effectively stopping unwanted 
email before it is sent.

Depending on the rule conditions, an invitation email can be sent to the 
MAIL FROM address asking the sender to identify themselves. Proper response 
to the invitation email may allow the sender to be added to the whitelist 
and subsequent emails can be sent without being rejected.

A functional layer atop the core provides a "VPM" (Virtual Private Email): 
A user can create an email address and assign specific policies as to how 
that email address can be used. Senders that violate the policy bound to 
the email address are rejected with the 550 response before the DATA 
command.  This VPM invention addresses  drawbacks associated with 
Challenge/Response systems that make it difficult for users to subscribe to 
newsletters or critical notification emails like order confirmations."
---------snip-------

Yakov

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg