Subject: [Asrg] http://donotcall.gov/

From: Kee Hinckley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 02:49:11 -0400

You would think, given all the time and money that went into this, 
that they could have gotten something as simple as an email address 
right.

They are mis-parsing email addresses.  A + turns into a space on the 
next form (they didn't escape it), and the email address will be 
incorrectly stored.  Other perfectly legal characters (%, &) are 
being rejected.  Clearly nobody bothered to read an RFC (not that I 
can figure out why they would care if you enter "illegal" characters. 
Either the email gets delivered or it doesn't.  Not their problem.

-- 
Kee Hinckley
http://www.messagefire.com/          Anti-Spam Service for your POP Account
http://commons.somewhere.com/buzz/   Writings on Technology and Society

I'm not sure which upsets me more: that people are so unwilling to accept
responsibility for their own actions, or that they are so eager to regulate
everyone else's.

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg