Subject: RE: [Asrg] 6. Proposals - Creative Addressing

From: "Peter Kay" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 13:12:04 -1000

My comment:

>
> Is this something that is worthwhile to be published as an RFC? 
> 

I'm sorry but I'm too ignorant of the RFC process to understand "how
worthwhile" a document needs to be in order to be published.

I'm having a hard time seeing the significant differences this document
proposes over what disposable email addresses do, like spamex.com

 Our own product's "KeyMail" address has very, very similar features.

If "innovative" or "previously mostly unknown" is a requirement for an
RFC, then by that definition I don't think this is worthwhile.

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: Yakov Shafranovich <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 20:18:20 -0400

> worthwhile" a document needs to be in order to be published.

 From the RFC Editor:
"
Our criteria for individual submissions are very general: a document
should be technically competent and potentially useful.  We
particularly seek your advice on technical competence -- we don't like
to publish something is is embarrassingly wrong, although controversial
can be OK.  Your comments on utility will also be useful.

You can ask yourself: if this document is published as RFC xxxx,
can you imagine a future technical discussion in the IETF or
outside directing readers to RFC xxxx?
"