Subject: Re: [Asrg] 0. General amusement

From: "John Stanley" <[email-masked]>
Date: 24 Oct 2003 20:32:18 -0000

----- Original Message ----- 
From: Markus Stumpf maex-lists-spam-ietf-asrg-at-Space.Net
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2003 3:55 am
Subject: Re: FW: [Asrg] 0. General

[... snip ...]
>
> About 95% of the spam we receive is from open proxy servers. Take a look
at
>     http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~joe/total-open-proxies.gif
> They had 450000 already back in July.
> So this is not a different discussion, it is /the/ discussion.

Markus, I have a certain amount of difficulty accepting the accuracy of any graph that indicates more than 0 open proxies existed back in 1900...

   ... JLS

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: Markus Stumpf <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 22:23:21 +0100

> Markus, I have a certain amount of difficulty accepting the accuracy of any graph that indicates more than 0 open proxies existed back in 1900...

I understand the sarcasm ;-)

The link to the image is on top of the page ( STOP! This page is 88 MB!! )
   http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/%7Ejoe/open-proxies-used-to-send-spam.html
which also lists a lot of open proxy server. This should have been
splitted, IMHO

However there is another link to
    http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~joe/jt-proxies/open-proxy-joint-techs.pdf
which is about 6 MB. It addresses (starting around page 40) open proxy
servers and has a correctly labeled image at page 84 ;-))

	\Maex

-- 
SpaceNet AG            | Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14 | Fon: +49 (89) 32356-0
Research & Development |       D-80807 Muenchen    | Fax: +49 (89) 32356-299
"The security, stability and reliability of a computer system is reciprocally
 proportional to the amount of vacuity between the ears of the admin"