Subject: [ASRG] 2. analysis, "regional" spam and legal actions ?

From: "Kurt Magnusson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 06:57:28 -0200

Can the list confirm a pequliar (though positive if true) behaviour my 
spambox statistics experienced over the last 2 weeks. From having 50 % Asian 
spams, I get ca 1 asian spam a day, all koreans have suddenly disappered. 
From ca 7 to 1 a day in two steps around Sept 29 and Oct 5.

Due to how my ISP's SpamAssassin and my own Ernest is configured, the asian 
headers should still been in my statistics file, if they got into our mail 
system.

Anyone seeing the same pattern? Is it an effect of the new korean laws or is 
a trunk ISP killing all this spam (for ex. Korean gov)? If the koreans have 
gone away, we need to reflect why and if appliable elsewhere.

Kurt Magnusson

_________________________________________________________________
Add photos to your messages with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*. 
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/featuredemail

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg