Subject: [Asrg] Survey of the State of the Art

From: "Andrew J. Huang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 22:46:57 -0700

All,

I've spent a few minutes skimming your archives to understand the tenor and
topics of this list.  I've decided to join the list to research/refine an
idea I developed a couple of years ago.  Before bombarding you with it,
though, I'd like to research the state of the art in Anti-Spam techniques.
So far, I am aware of the following areas of progress:

    1) Automatic filters (e.g Bayesian)
    2) Permissions, including authentication exchanges
    3) Source identification (via infrastructure improvements)
    4) Secured access
    5) Zombie-elimination

and maybe a few others.

Without beginning a long discussion of other new areas or whether any of
these areas really represent progress, can anybody point me to a reasonably
up to date and comprehensive survey of proposed techniques?  Extracting such
a survey from these archives is too great a task!

Thanks,
Andy Huang

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: "Jon Kyme" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 10:23:11 +0000

> a survey from these archives is too great a task!

I don't know if you've already looked at:
http://asrg.sp.am/about/old_site/asrg_documents.htm

There's a "Taxonomy of anti-spam systems" thereabouts. I don't know if
there's a more recent version?