Subject: [Asrg] Call to Arms: Rita Scams

From: Gadi Evron <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 21:19:37 +0200

Good evening.

This is a notice from MWP, the malicious websites and phishing research
& operational mailing list.

Over the next few days some of us are going to process information
about sites that will probably be used for Rita scams.

Through MWP resources and ISP connections we are going to make sure
these sites are taken off-line as soon as we detect them.

Also, via reg-ops, an operational list for registrars, we are going to
see if we can get the domains terminated at the registrar level.

To accomplish this we don't want to rely only on our sources, but rather
issue a Call to Arms to the public. If you know of a new Rita Hurricane
Scam, please notify us by emailing me directly at [email-masked] with
the subject line "Rita Report", where we will be processing them for the
next week.

We hope to get the cooperation of several incident response mechanisms
both in the US and abroad. We will update you as we proceed and when we
are done.

If you run an incident response team that can handle Internet abuse and
would like to take part, please contact us as well.

Thank you for your help.

	Gadi Evron.

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg