Subject: [Asrg] ASRG wiki, and an Anti-spam taxonmy

From: John L <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 23:57:23 -0400 (EDT)

I have set up a new wiki for the ASRG at http://wiki.asrg.sp.am.  It's 
Mediawiki, the same package that Wikipedia uses.*  I have it set up so 
that anyone can look at it, but you need an account to log in and edit. 
If you want an account, just ask.

Having set up the wiki, I've started sketching out a project I've wanted 
the ASRG to do for ages, a taxonomy of anti-spam techniques.  People keep 
reinventing well known techniques, both good and bad ones, and it'd be 
nice to be able to point them at something and say ah, yes, that's 
technique 24-B.  It's just as important to include lousy techniques as 
good ones, maybe moreso.

Regards,
John Levine, [email-masked], Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",
Information Superhighwayman wanna-be, http://www.johnlevine.com, ex-Mayor
"More Wiener schnitzel, please", said Tom, revealingly.

* - Don't suggest a better one, it's too late.

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg

---

From: Michael Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 09:10:37 -0700

John L wrote:
> that anyone can look at it, but you need an account to log in and 
> edit. If you want an account, just ask.
>
> Having set up the wiki, I've started sketching out a project I've 
> wanted the ASRG to do for ages, a taxonomy of anti-spam techniques.  
> People keep reinventing well known techniques, both good and bad ones, 
> and it'd be nice to be able to point them at something and say ah, 
> yes, that's technique 24-B.  It's just as important to include lousy 
> techniques as good ones, maybe moreso.
Can I suggest that you also do a spamming techniques taxonomy as well?

       Mike

---

From: John Levine <[email-masked]>
Date: 29 Jul 2007 17:48:31 -0000

>Can I suggest that you also do a spamming techniques taxonomy as well?

We're all volunteers here.  If you'd like to do it or organize it,
you're welcome to use the wiki to keep track.

R's,
John

---

From: John Levine <[email-masked]>
Date: 29 Jul 2007 17:48:31 -0000

R's,
John

---

From: "Danny Angus" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 17:12:41 +0100

Nice one. I found first via in the referer logs of my website, :-)

d.