Subject: [Asrg] CFP - Special Session on Web Spam in IEEE DEST 2009, Istanbul, Turkey, 1-3 June 2009

From: "Vidyasagar Potdar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 10:02:02 +0900

[Apologies if you receive this more than once]

============================================================
Call for Paper
Adversarial Information Retrieval in Digital Ecosystems with focus on
Web Spam
IEEE International Conference on Digital Ecosystems and Business
Intelligence (IEEE-DEST 2009)
Istanbul, Turkey, June 1-3, 2009

http://dest2009.debii.curtin.edu.au/index.php?option=com_content&task=vi
ew&id=26&Itemid=40
*******************************************************************

Full Research Paper Due: ** February 1 **, 2009

The first AIR-DE-WS 2009 workshop will be held along with the 3rd IEEE
Digital Ecosystems and Business Intelligence Conference to be held in
Istanbul, Turkey. Web spam has become a major problem for quality and
sustainability of digital ecosystems. There has been a strong
competition between spammers and anti-spam filters to control spam. As
anti-spam filters improve their capability to detect spam, spammers find
new way to bypass these anti-spam filters. It not only waste's computer
and network resources but also it decreases the reliability of the
content available on the Internet. The main purpose of this workshop is
to identify and explore different issues and challenges related to web
spam within the digital environment. It also aims at increasing the
synergy between academic and industrial practitioners. We are interested
in experimental, systems-related, theoretical, and work-in-progress
papers in all aspects of web spam. Topics of interest include, but are
not limited to, the following: 

Web Spam
- Splog (Spam over weblogs)
- Spamdexing (Spam aim on search engine algorithms)
- Review/Opinion spam
- Social-network spam (Spam over social network websites)
- Comment spam
- Tag spam
- Wiki spam
- Image spam

Communication Spam
- SPIT (Spam over Internet telephony)
- SPIM (Spam over instant messenger)
- Email spam
- Phishing

Other
- Machine Learning & Natural language processing in Spam Detection
- Adversarial learning
- Challenge-response

Important Dates
Full Paper Submissions                 1 February 2009   
Paper Acceptance Notifications      1 March 2009   
Final 'Camera Ready' Papers Due           15 April 2009 

Track Chairs

Dr Vidyasagar Potdar - Curtin University of Technology, Australia
Mr Pedram Hayati - Curtin University of Technology, Australia

_______________________________________________
Asrg mailing list
[email-masked]
http://www.irtf.org/mailman/listinfo/asrg