Subject: [Asrg] "email templates" for sale

From: David Nicol <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 15:45:30 -0500

some time ago I suggested a template-filling SMTP extension and nobody
on ASRG thought that would be a useful idea. Of course the consumers
of the template product advertised in the message below will be
passing filled templates to their outbound MTAs, and bandwidth is not
their limiting factor, but anyway I feel validated.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: What's New Now <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 12:28 PM
Subject: 10 free tried & true email templates

=========================================================
   -------- WHAT'S NEW NOW SPECIAL OFFERS--------
=========================================================
-----------------------------------------------------------------
10 free tried & true email templates
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Download the Tried & True Templates + HTML Basics How-to Guide

http://eletters.whatsnewnow.com/u.d?v4Gvm2rS5IyrT78ieyRb=70

Is it time for you to try new email templates, but you just don't
have the resources to develop them yourself?

Are you uncertain whether your designs are built to ensure delivery
of your emails?

http://eletters.whatsnewnow.com/u.d?74Gvm2rS5IyrT78ieyRQ=80

Whether you are marketing to consumers or businesses, Lyris has
tried and true email templates to help you upgrade your efforts
and get better results without delay, including:

*  Three email templates
*  Two  newsletter templates
*  One business-to-business newsletter template
*  Two consumer newsletter template
*  And two transactional email templates

That's 10 Tried & True Templates. Plus, you'll also receive our
popular HTML Basics How-To Guide - all for free.

Download the Tried & True Templates + HTML Basics How-to Guide now.

http://eletters.whatsnewnow.com/u.d?jYGvm2rS5IyrT78ieyRV=90

Brought to you by Lyris HQ.

Please send an email to [email-masked] with the subject
line as "unsubscribe" if you'd like to stop receiving further
emails from Lyris HQ.

---------------------------------------------------------

=========================================================

You are subscribed to WHAT'S NEW NOW -- bringing you
important news and analysis from around Ziff Davis,
and special offers like this one -- with the

-- 
warlorded myself

---

From: John Levine <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Oct 2009 15:12:38 -0000

>their limiting factor, but anyway I feel validated.

People have been selling mail templates for years.  There's even a
version of qmail that fills in templates as the mail is sent.  They're
quite useful but there's no need to change SMTP to handle them.

R's,
John

---

From: Danny Angus <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 17:33:51 +0000

> They're

Or, with respect, any need to forward spam to the list when it can be
selectively quoted.
If we open that can of worms we'll really regret it.

d.

---

From: David Nicol <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 14:18:06 -0500

> Or, with respect, any need to forward spam to the list when it can be

Right. Sorry.

-- 
warlorded myself