Subject: Multiple instances of Sonet Mib

From: "R. Muralidharan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 19:59:49 +0530

Hi All,

  Would appreciate if some one can guide me regarding multiple instances of
SONET MIB in a system. Take the case of an equipment with multiple SONET
OC-N interfaces. How does one go about providing multiple instances of the
SONET MIB? Is it as simple as all MIB parameters extended to the ending
".n" where n is the interface number?

thanks in advance
regards,
R. Muralidharan

_________________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

---

From: "C. M. Heard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 09:25:18 -0800 (PST)

> ".n" where n is the interface number?

That's close but not quite right.  As described in Section 3 of RFC 2558 or
Section 4 of <draft-ietf-atommib-rfc2558bis-00.txt>, a row in the IF-MIB's
ifTable [RFC 2863] is used to represent each physical interface (medium/
section/line layers) and for equipment that terminates paths or VTs a row
in the ifTable is also used for each path or VT.  Each table in the
SONET-MIB is then indexed by the appropriate instance of ifIndex;  those
that deal with interval data are indexed by ifIndex and and interval number.
So the OID for an instance of each columnar object will end in ".n" or
".n.m" where n is the interface number (i.e. relevant ifIndex value) and m
is the appropriate interval number.

Mike