Subject: Closing ATOM MIB WG

From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 20:23:49 +0200

WG, as discussed during and right after IETF61, the WG is not
making progress and there seems not enough interest to finish
the chartered work. If we look at the current WG charter page
at: http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/atommib-charter.html

Then I think (and verified with WG chairs) that we can modify the milestones:
  Jan 04    Re-evaluate charter or close the WG  
  Jan 04    Submit any needed revisions of RFC2494 to the
            IESG for standards track advancement as appropriate  
  Jan 04    Submit any needed revisions of RFC2512-2513 to the IESG
            for consideration of standards track advancement as appropriate  
  Mar 04    Submit any needed revisions of RFC2514-2515 to the IESG for
            consideration of standards track advancement as appropriate  
  Mar 04    Submit any needed revisions of RFC2495-2496 to the IESG for
            standards track advancement as appropriate  
  Mar 04    Report on implementation experience on RFC 2514-2515  
  Mar 04    Report on implementation experience on RFC 2512-2513  
  Mar 04    Report on implementation experience on RFC 2494  

Into the following:

  Done      Re-evaluate charter or close the WG  
  Not Done  Submit any needed revisions of RFC2494 to the
            IESG for standards track advancement as appropriate  
  Not Done  Submit any needed revisions of RFC2512-2513 to the IESG
            for consideration of standards track advancement as appropriate  
  Not Done  Submit any needed revisions of RFC2514-2515 to the IESG for
            consideration of standards track advancement as appropriate  
  Done      Submit any needed revisions of RFC2495-2496 to the IESG for
            standards track advancement as appropriate  
  Done      Report on implementation experience on RFC 2514-2515  
  Done      Report on implementation experience on RFC 2512-2513  
  Not Done  Report on implementation experience on RFC 2494  

The above is just to get the milestones marked properly, just for history.

I will then close down the WG with this message:

  The AtomMIB WG has delivered part of their work items and as a result 
  a number of new RFCs were published on the standards track.
  But the WG currently seems not to have enough energy to get enough
  implementation reports in order to advance RFCs 2512, 2513, 2515, 1514
  and 2494.

  Therefor the WG has concluded to close down.

Bert
AD for Operations and Management