Subject: PaceItemLicense

From: Mark Pilgrim <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 11:01:51 -0400

-1.  We already have entry-level <copyright> element for
human-readable copyright information.  Precisely zero of our early
adopters have been heard clamoring for machine-readable licensing
information, so IMO it doesn't belong in the core.  Let's shunt this
one to an extension.

-- 
Cheers,
-Mark

---

From: Paul Hoffman / IMC <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 10:08:02 -0700

Having an entry whose semantics are intentionally undefined seems 
dangerous. Instead, anyone with a specific licensing scheme should 
write an extension.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium

---

From: Robert Sayre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 13:57:06 -0400

> information, so IMO it doesn't belong in the core.  Let's shunt this

-1 as well

Robert Sayre