Subject: New AtomPubIssuesList for 2004/08/24

From: Sam Ruby <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 07:17:24 -0400

We're clearly beyond low hanging fruit territory now.

First, I recommend for closure the following paces which have remained
incomplete for an extended period of time (> 1 month):

   PaceFeedRefreshRate
   PaceNonHttpSoap
   PacePutToCreate
   PaceSiteMap

The following are mostly independent issues which never have been
formally scheduled, so let's discuss them now:

   PaceDigitalSignatures
   PaceErrVerb
   PaceEquivalents
   PaceItemLicense
   PaceReduceMustMay
   PaceServiceError
   PaceSimplifiedFeedFormat

Looking ahead, we have Content, Person, Extensibility, and Versioning to
discuss; then we need to make some final decisions on a number of
topics: Date, ID, Introspection, Link, URI, Web services, Well Formed.

My feeling is that if we complete this, the Format specification will be
a a fairly good shape, the Protocol specification will still feel
incomplete, and we won't have meaningfully tackled Archiving at all.

If there is anything you feel is missing, please consider creating a
Pace at this time.

- Sam Ruby

---

From: Sam Ruby <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 15:46:35 -0400

Sam Ruby wrote:

Two new topics for this round, first content elements (tile, summary, 
content):

   PaceContentAsTextOrHtml
   PaceContentSrc
   PaceNukeMultipart
   PaceSimpleContentType

And then person elements (author, contributor):

   PacePersonConstructs
   PacePersonLinks
   PacePersonRef

After two separate attempts to gain consensus on dates, the new approach 
is to look at this one element at a time - with the request that we look 
at each independently - i.e., without presuming anything about whether 
any another date proposal will be accepted or rejected.  First up is the 
one that attained the most sponsors:

   PaceDateUpdated

It seems to me that we can take a similar approach with the link 
element.  While there still are a diverging ideas on the overall 
approach, it seems like there might be consensus on expelling 
"service.*" from the values of rel in the syndication format:

   PaceServiceElement

Finally, something for people interested in the protocol, two separate 
proposals for creating a "design team" which focuses specifically on 
protocol issues:

   PaceProtocolDesignTeam
   PaceProtocolDesignTeam2

- Sam Ruby