Subject: Re: PaceDateSamRuby +1

From: Asbjørn Ulsberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 11:17:20 +0200

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 01:54:25 -0700 (PDT), Dare Obasanjo <[email-masked]>  
wrote:

> If extensions provide value and users want the
> functionality then vendors will support the features.

If you say so.

> It seems you are trying to force edge cases that you know
> won't get mainstream support into the core of Atom.

First, I'm not forcing anything. My pace only requires _one_ date to be  
present. Which one is totally up to the producer. Secondly, the Dublin  
Core dates are not edge cases. Most professional publishing services have  
these dates already.

> I'd rather that the core contained what was absolutely
> necessary

Absolutely necessary for whom?

-- 
Asbjørn Ulsberg         -=|=-        [email-masked]
«He's a loathsome offensive brute, yet I can't look away»