Subject: Atom over XMPP -- PubSub sidebar beta now available

From: "Bob Wyman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 14:38:09 -0400

In order to demonstrate the benefits of transferring Atom over XMPP, I
invite you to download and experiment with our new "PubSub Sidebar". The
PubSub SideBar is an Explorer Bar extension of Windows Internet Explorer.
The PubSub SideBar allows you to monitor in near real-time the discussions
in over 2.5 million blogs while browsing the Internet freely. PubSub.com
pushes new Atom entries which match a user's "subscription" to the PubSub
SideBar as soon as they are discovered. 

This initial beta version of the sidebar is targeted at political/election
news junkies who want to be the first to hear election gossip, news, etc.
Thus, a "Sample" account[1] is provided that contains subscriptions for such
keywords as "John Kerry", "George Bush" and "Republican National
Convention." There is no faster way than using Atom over XMPP to keep
up-to-date on what bloggers are saying about the US Presidential candidates
and the issues of this election.

This version of the PubSub Sidebar requires either Windows 2000 or XP with
the .NET Framework 1.1 to be installed. 

To download the sidebar, go to:
	http://pubsub.com/sidebar

Note: Some users may need to reboot in order to get the sidebar to work in
Windows Explorer.

Existing PubSub.com users can access their personal PubSub subscriptions by
simply logging in using the email address and password that they already use
to access their accounts on PubSub.com. 

Information on the protocol used to power this application can be found at:
http://pubsub.com/developers . That page also includes links to an open
source implementation of a similar, but stand-alone, application.

This application is free -- there is no charge for using it or the PubSub
service. I hope you enjoy using it and hope that it will help demonstrate
the value of feeding Atom entries over XMPP.

		bob wyman

[1] The username is "[email-masked]". The password is: "sample".