Subject: Introducing myself / Atom API Test Suite / Categories

From: Craig Becker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 11:28:56 -0500

Hello all, my name is Craig Becker and I will be working with Sam Ruby
to build a conformance test suite for the Atom API[1].

I will most happily and cheerfully accept any suggestions, pointers, sample
code, &c that anyone feels could be helpful in building this test suite.

I've been doing a little work implementing the Atom API in WordPress, and
this work has generated some questions, and I hope it will be okay if I
toss
them out here for discussion. For starters: has there been any discussion
of how Atom will deal with Categories when posting to a blog? WordPress
and other blog software will allow a blogger to define their own arbitrary
Categories. How might a client query a blog to determine valid Categories?

Craig

[1] or, as Mark Pilgrim put it, I'm Sam's new "minion" :)

Craig Becker,  SWG Technology Center   (512) 838-8068   Austin TX USA
Internet: [email-masked]
http://dinosaur.austin.ibm.com/jlpicard/

         "Remember, you can't put too much water in a nuclear reactor"

---

From: David Czarnecki <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 12:43:37 -0400

> Categories. How might a client query a blog to determine valid Categories?

The SixApart/TypePad folks have done it via a CategoryURI. A GET request can be
sent to the CategoryURI to query the valid categories. 

@see - http://www.sixapart.com/developers/atom/typepad/

-David