Subject: Extensibility use case: photoblogging with geolocation

From: Danny Ayers <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 12:05:36 +0100

A nifty-sounding system (largely it seems based around a plugin for
Movable Type) -
 
"Balog : Location-based information aggregation system. " [1] 

Described by Libby [2]: "The authors took a picture [with a mobile
phone] and sent it to their server and it appeared indexed by gps
location. So a really nice immediate demo of a gps photo blog.".

The paper [1] has a screenshot of the photo appearing in a browser
alongside a map showing its location.

The system currently pulls out the EXIF data from JPEGs, the RSS 1.0
they're proposing looks like:

<item rdf:about="http://www.Balog.jp/~hiro/mt/archives/000335.html">
   <title>camio</title>
   <link>http://www.Balog.jp/~hiro/mt/archives/000335.html</link>
   <description>….</description>
   <dc:subject></dc:subject>
   <dc:creator>hiro-moblog</dc:creator>
   <dc:date>2004-06-12T17:21:41+09:00</dc:date>
   <dc:coverage>
      <geo:point>
         <geo:lat>35.40828</geo:lat>
         <geo:long>139.59548</geo:long>
      </geo:point>
   </dc:coverage>
</item>

[1] http://iswc2004.semanticweb.org/posters/PID-ZFOVEXEK-1090248437.pdf
[2] http://planb.nicecupoftea.org/archives/001057.html
-- 

http://dannyayers.com