Subject: Re: Posted PaceDeclareVictoryOnFormat

From: Randy Charles Morin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 01:40:15 -0500

Tim Bray said: 
>You are explicitly saying that you don't think the Atom format is
ready. Please
>outline for us which set of features you would consider it necessary that Atom 
>have to be worth doing.

Can I answer this? Atom is nothing w/out the protocol spec. In my
opinion, RSS 2.0 is fine. RSS 1.0 is fine too! But BloggerAPI and
MetaWeblogAPI really suck. MHO. Dave, if you read this, I'm sorry!
Anybody take a look at LiveJournal's API?

I'm going to agree w/ both Tim and Dare, if that is possible. Dare is
right, in that there is no value in releasing just the Atom format,
because it adds nothing new to the mix. But on the other hand, I don't
think (as my fellow CDNian thinks) the Atom format is going to get
much better, if at all, so releasing now has the advantage of time
(not wasted).

Last, I would really like the XSD, Schematron and Relax NG included.
I'm a programmer that relies on this type of stuffing. Give me a wink
and a pointer to the latest draft w/ mods and I can get those done in
a day or two.
Thanks,

Randy 'Clueless' Morin
http://www.kbcafe.com