Subject: OpenSearch and Atom Prototype

From: James M Snell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 18:41:00 -0700

FYI... wanted to experiment a bit. 

OpenSearch+Atom

http://www.snellspace.com/wp/wp-opensearch.php?s=OpenSearch

Query Pattern

http://www.snellspace.com/wp/wp-opensearch.php?s={searchTerms}&itemstart={startIndex}&itempage={startPage}&itemlimit={count}

(I'm using a modified version of the OpenSearch for Wordpress plugin 
http://www.williamsburger.com/wb/archives/opensearch-v-1-0)

- James

---

From: [email-masked] (Peter Robinson)
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 13:20:19 +0100

> http://www.snellspace.com/wp/wp-opensearch.php?s=OpenSearch

When I updated my feed generator to support atom[1], I just added the
RSS2.0 extension elements I was already generating, including
OpenSearch.  I don't know if any feed consumers actually support it in
atom of course...  I did noticed just now that OpenSearch 1.1 proposes
an OpenSearch autodiscovery mechanism (amongst other things).

Regards,

Peter

[1] <http://www.ticketswitch.com/cgi-bin/atom_feed.exe>
-- 
Peter Robinson <http://www.ticketswitch.com/>