Subject: Re: Google Reader and Namespace Prefixes

From: Stéphane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 22:55:25 +0100

On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 12:06:14PM +0100,
 Stéphane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]> wrote 
 a message of 21 lines which said:

> My blog's Atom feed (http://www.bortzmeyer.org/feed-full.atom, made by
> a custom program) is awful when seen with Google Reader (for instance
> http://www.google.com/reader/m/view/feed/http://www.bortzmeyer.org/feed-full.atom?i=-628233248182762503&c=CKe0oJaD_ZAC&n=1)

OK, after report to Google (thanks, Julian), it is now fixed. One more
reader which accepts namespace prefixes :-)

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2008 16:26:13 +0100

> reader which accepts namespace prefixes :-)

So it took Google only ~1 month to fix it (starting with the bug 
report), and getting it into production. Thanks!

Any more important clients that need to be fixed? Or can we conclude 
that getting clients to properly handle XML namespaces is indeed possible?

BR, Julian