Subject: multiple values in atom:link@rel

From: "Peter Keane" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 19:04:58 +0000

Does atom:link@rel allow multiple, space-separated values?  It is
unclear to me from section 4.2.7.2.  HTML clearly does [1] allow
multiple space-separated values.

--peter keane

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/types.html#type-links

---

From: "Brian Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 13:26:12 -0600

> multiple space-separated values.

No:

" The value of "rel" MUST be a string that is non-empty and matches either the "isegment-nz-nc" or the "IRI" production in [RFC3987]."

You cannot have a space in any component of an IRI.

- Brian

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 20:39:03 +0100

> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/types.html#type-links

Looking at 
<http://greenbytes.de/tech/webdav/rfc4287.html#rfc.section.4.2.7.2>...:

"atom:link elements MAY have a "rel" attribute that indicates the link 
relation type. If the "rel" attribute is not present, the link element 
MUST be interpreted as if the link relation type is "alternate".

The value of "rel" MUST be a string that is non-empty and matches either 
the "isegment-nz-nc" or the "IRI" production in [RFC3987]...."

...I really don't see how this could be interpreted to allow multiple 
values.

BR, Julian