Subject: feed autodiscovery

From: Erik Wilde <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 18:05:19 -0800

hello.

http://philringnalda.com/rfc/draft-ietf-atompub-autodiscovery-01.html 
(and more recently 
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-snell-atompub-autodiscovery-00.txt) is 
something that was done a while ago, and there still is not really a 
standard for that, right? is there a reason why this was never 
completed, is it considered unnecessary, or is there a standard? and are 
people currently just pointing to informal documents and waiting for HTML5?

thanks and cheers,

dret.

---

From: Joe Cheng <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 11:32:52 -0800

I wrote a blog post that provides some background and what we decided
to do for Windows Live Writer, but I don't have definitive answers to 
your questions.

http://tinyurl.com/bzme4n

I'd be interested to hear what you end up doing.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Erik Wilde
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 6:05 PM
To: Atom-Syntax
Subject: feed autodiscovery

hello.

thanks and cheers,

dret.

---

From: Erik Wilde <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 11:39:21 -0800

> http://tinyurl.com/bzme4n

thanks, i added that link to my blog post about the subject:

http://dret.typepad.com/dretblog/2009/02/atom-feed-autodiscovery.html

> I'd be interested to hear what you end up doing.

i was hoping to get guidance from this list, and my main interest right 
now is to learn why those drafts were abandoned. to me it seems like a 
pretty important feature to be able to link web pages and web feeds, and 
i am still wondering why this is not something that so far has been 
standardized.

thanks and cheers,

dret.