Subject: Re: Atom Tombstones Draft Revitalized

From: Bob Wyman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 19:13:40 -0400

Why isn't a deleted-entry more like an entry?
More specifically,

   - The fact that deleted-entry can't have an atom:source makes it very
   difficult to propagate these things in synthetic or aggregated feeds.
   - Lack of support for signatures also makes it difficult to use these
   things with synthetic feeds and eliminates at least one mechanism (although
   probably not a popular one) for guarding against fake deletions.

bob wyman

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 6:41 PM, James M Snell <[email-masked]> wrote:

>
> As requested, the Atom Tombstones draft has been revitalized.
>
>  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-snell-atompub-tombstones-06.txt
>
> Changed this from Experimental to Informational and updated the IPR
> boilerplate.
>
> - James
>
>

---

From: Ed Summers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 21:20:05 -0400

Just fyi, we are using Tombstones as part of the id.loc.gov service at
the Library of Congress to keep people informed about new, updated and
deleted resources in the Library of Congress Subject Headings. For
example you should find a <deleted-entry> here:

  http://id.loc.gov/authorities/feed/page/2/

//Ed