Subject: Feed paging: entries count, current page

From: Dmitri Popov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 01:44:23 +0300

Do you know the common way to put a total number of entries in feed
into feed itself? And some other information needed for feed pager
implementation on the client side? I can use links with rel = "next"
and "previous", but I would like to have current page number and total
number of pages available to a client.

Also, I want to put a total number of entries in feed when I put short
representation of feed into another feed using in-lining extensions
for atom.

Something like <feed entries_count="12">...
or <somenamespace:entriescount>12</somenamespace:entriescount>

What is the most simple and common way to do it?

This may be an obvious thing which I missed, sorry for silly question
in this case.

---

From: Jan Algermissen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 00:47:35 +0100

Dmitri,

> number of pages available to a client.

Maybe have a look at http://www.opensearch.org/ ?

Jan

> This may be an obvious thing which I missed, sorry for silly question

-----------------------------------
 Jan Algermissen, Consultant
 NORD Software Consulting

 Mail: [email-masked]
 Blog: http://www.nordsc.com/blog/
 Work: http://www.nordsc.com/
-----------------------------------