Subject: Fall Asleep Safely

From: "Lunar Sleep" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2014 22:05:25 -0500

Sleep Well Tonight

With Lunar Sleep, you won't have that dull, "hung-over" feeling the
next day. Instead, you'll wake up feeling refreshed and rested. As your
body re-establishes its natural sleep cycle, you'll find you can fall
asleep and stay asleep easier.

Insomnia, or sleeplessness, is a sleep disorder in which there is an
inability to fall asleep or to stay asleep as long as desired.
While the term is sometimes used to describe a disorder demonstrated by
polysomnographic evidence of disturbed sleep, this sleep disorder is
often practically defined as a positive response to either of two
questions: "Do you experience difficulty sleeping?" or "Do you have
difficulty falling or staying asleep?" Insomnia is most often
thought of as both a medical sign and a symptom that can
accompany several sleep, medical, and psychiatric disorders
characterized by a persistent difficulty falling asleep and/or staying
asleep or sleep of poor quality. Insomnia is typically followed by
functional impairment while awake. Insomnia can occur at any age, but
it is particularly common in the elderly. Insomnia can be short term
(up to three weeks) or long term (above 3–4 weeks), which can lead to
memory problems, depression, irritability and an increased risk of
heart disease and automobile related accidents. Those who are having
trouble sleeping sometimes turn to sleeping pills, which can help when
used occasionally but may lead to substance dependence or addiction if
used regularly for an extended period. Insomnia can be grouped into
primary and secondary, or comorbid, insomnia. Primary insomnia
is a sleep disorder not attributable to a medical, psychiatric, or
environmental cause. It is described as a complaint of prolonged
sleep onset latency, disturbance of sleep maintenance, or the
experience of non-refreshing sleep. A complete diagnosis will
differentiate between free-standing primary insomnia, insomnia as
secondary to another condition, and primary insomnia co-morbid with one
or more conditions. The DSM-5 criteria for insomnia include the
following: Predominant complaint of dissatisfaction with sleep quantity
or quality, associated with one (or more) of the following symptoms:
Difficulty initiating sleep. (In children, this may manifest as
difficulty initiating sleep without caregiver intervention.) Difficulty
maintaining sleep, characterized by frequent awakenings or problems
returning to sleep after awakenings. (In children, this may manifest as
difficulty returning to sleep without caregiver intervention.)
Early-morning awakening with inability to return to sleep.