Subject: [Autoconf] Next [autoconf] meeting in Anaheim

From: Thomas Heide Clausen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 19:56:37 +0100

Dear friends,

As you know, the next [autoconf] WG meeting is scheduled as follows:

> FRIDAY, March 26, 2010
>
> 0900-1130 Morning Session I
> Huntington	INT	autoconf		Ad-Hoc Network Autoconfiguration WG

Our only charter item is currently undergoing IESG review, the  
progress of which you can follow here:

	https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-autoconf-adhoc-addr-model/

This means that we can -- should -- profit from this coming meeting to  
discuss how we will approach the solution space, with a coming  
rechartering of the wg in mind.

To that end, the chairs would like to solicit agenda-items from the wg  
for the Anaheim meeting, including but not limited to, presentations  
concerning:

	o	Solution-space descriptions, analysis, etc.
	o	Protocols for autoconfiguration in MANETs, including
	o	Applicability of / intersection with existing IETF protocols  
(SLAAC, DHCP, ...)
	o	Surveys of protocols, interesting/appropriate for this space

Over the years, a body of work has been developed/deployed - some of  
which has discussed in this WG, much of which documented in (possibly  
expired) individual I-Ds, academic papers, whitepapers and elsewhere.  
Now would be the time to bring this forward for the WG to study, with  
the hope of progressing on developing actual protocols solving the  
autoconfiguration problem(s) in MANETs.

Please do send proposed agenda-items / request for presentation slots  
to the chairs asap, preferably with pointers to what documentation  
exists (even if expired, or if it didn't make it in under the  
deadline). We will, then, try to accommodate (time permitting) these  
on an agenda - which we will produce as soon as possible.

The chairs would like to profit from the fact that the [autoconf] WG  
session is on Friday by trying to get together with presenters (and  
other interested) over the week, hoping to make this meeting productive.

We will share our thoughts on directions for WG rechartering in a  
separate email.

Sincerely,

Ryuji & Thomas