Subject: [Autoconf] about solutions presentations and another prefix-in-RA for routing and autoconfing(?) solution

From: Alexandru Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 19:19:02 +0100

Hi AUTOCONFers,

I understand chairs contacted certain persons to make presentations of
solutions of potential interest to AUTOCONF.

Some solution space talks prefixes in RA for the goal of facilitating
routing.  One could see this as auto-configuring, probably.  If yes, I
wanted to put forward an older draft using prefixes in RA, of 2007, that
I consider resubmitting before the next IETF:

                draft-petrescu-manemo-nano-00

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-petrescu-manemo-nano-00

This draft employs link-local addresses and will continue so. Its goal
is to distribute prefixes of Mobile Routers, within the same
well-defined link, for facilitating routing and forwarding.

Since first published we have also performed prototyping work, with a
ping demo in 2009.  As usual, wireshark dissectors available upon
request.  Source is opensource GPL based on radvd.

One should know that this draft has a direct competitor in the MEXT
group, which does approximately the same thing, with same software
source, but of course differently.

And there's of course RFC4191 "more specific routes" in this space.

Alex