Subject: [Autoconf] Document Action: 'IP Addressing Model in Ad Hoc Networks' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 08:29:48 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'IP Addressing Model in Ad Hoc Networks '
   <draft-ietf-autoconf-adhoc-addr-model-03.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Ad-Hoc Network Autoconfiguration Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Jari Arkko and Ralph Droms.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-autoconf-adhoc-addr-model-03.txt

Technical Summary

   This document describes a model for configuring IP addresses and
   subnet prefixes on the interfaces of routers which connect to links
   with undetermined connectivity properties. While the considerations
   in this document are general, they are specifically written with the
   most stringent requirements of MANETs in mind; essentially, a router
   configured according to the principles set forth in this document
   will be able to support operation of a MANET routing protocol.

Working Group Summary

   Variations of this document have been in the working group process
   for four years. Earlier incarnations attempted to specify much more
   than this document does. In 2009, the working group was rechartered
   to focus on documenting *a* workable address configuration model,
   as opposed to attempting to describe all possible theoretical models.
   The model described in this document is the one most widely used
   by networks that employ ad hoc routing techniques.

   The recommendation in the document to not use
   Link Local addresses for operation over interfaces towards links with
   undetermined connectivity properties was not unanimous, and on this
   point, consensus was rough.

Document Quality

   While the document does not specify a protocol, there are about a
   decade of experience with running MANETs in which routers have
   their interfaces configured according to the recommendations in this
   document.

Personnel

   Ryuji Wakikawa is the Document Shepherd, and Jari Arkko is
   the responsible Area Director.

---

From: Ryuji Wakikawa <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 08:41:10 -0700

Hi all,

Thanks for all your contribution. We finally get this stage!
Specially thanks to Emmanuel and Mark!!

see you on Friday!

regards,
ryuji

Begin forwarded message:

> From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
> Date: 2010/03/23 08:29:48GMT-07:00
> To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Internet Architecture Board <[email-masked]>, RFC Editor <[email-masked]>, autoconf mailing list <[email-masked]>, autoconf chair <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Document Action: 'IP Addressing Model in Ad Hoc Networks' to Informational RFC
>