Subject: Re: rtpMonitor thesis and software available

From: [email-masked] (Kevin C. Almeroth)
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 06:57:13 -0700 (PDT)

>>Not that this tool is available (and I actually got it to work on
>>Windoze) can anyone advise on how to make .vic.tcl and .vat.tcl
>>work in Windoze?  Or, does it simply not work?

Thanks to Marcia Perry at LBL I'm part of the way there.
I can get the button to show up (.vic.tcl and .vat.tcl need
to be in c:\ not mbone home).

But now I can't get the exec to exec ANYTHING...  I've even
tried simple bat files stored all over the place, commands
like "dir" and "set".  I'm still hunting though.

-Kevin

---

From: Christoph Fleck <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 17:48:57 +0200 (MET DST)

> like "dir" and "set".  I'm still hunting though.

The sdr (maybe depends on the tcl/tk for Windows) would exec only *.exe files.
Try to use "exec start command /c xxx.bat &" on win9x or 
"exec cmd /C start xxx.bat &" on NT.

You can find a example tcl file (start ReLaTe from sdr):
ftp://ftp-mm.urz.tu-dresden.de/pub/mbone/relate/mmrz/sdr-relate.tcl

Rgds,
Christoph Fleck

,----------------------------------------------------------------.
| Beratungszentrum fuer Videokonferenzdienste (BZVD), TU Dresden |
| Christoph Fleck                      Tel.: +49 (0)351/463-5653 |
| E-Mail: [email-masked]       http://bzvd.urz.tu-dresden.de |
`----------------------------------------------------------------'