Subject: 10/27 Supporting Multicast Services in the Emerging Internet2 Network Infrastructure The View from Minus Six Feet -- Ken Lindahl, Communication and Network Services U.C. Berkeley

From: Florissa Colina <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 10:56:29 -0700

Berkeley Multimedia, Graphics and Interfaces Seminar

Supporting Multicast Services in the Emerging Internet2 Network
Infrastructure The View from Minus Six Feet

Wednesday October 27, 1999, 
1:00-2:30 p.m. PDT
Fujitsu Seminar Room (405 Soda Hall) 

Ken Lindahl 
Communication and Network Services U.C. Berkeley  

This seminar will cover the architecture of networking @ Berkeley and
support for multicast @ Berkeley and Internet2.

---------------

The seminar is broadcast live on the Internet Mbone and as a Real
Networks G2 broadcast.

You can connect to the live RealNetworks broadcast at:

http://media2.bmrc.berkeley.edu/bibs/schedule.cfm 
You'll see a link to cs298-5/real networks/live programs.  

You can also directly put in this url into the Real Player:

rtsp://media2.bmrc.berkeley.edu/encoder/cs298-5.rm

To do so you will need to have the "Real Player G2" installed, which is
available from:
   http://www.real.com/products/player/downloadrealplayer.html

To tune into the Internet MBone broadcast, look for the announcement in
your MBone session directory program ('sdr').  If you are not receiving
the announcement you may be able to receive the session by manually
configuring the client programs ('vic', and 'vat') with the session
addresses:

low bit rate
	video: 233.0.25.1/22334
	audio: 233.0.25.2/22446

medium bit rate
	video: 233.0.25.129/22334
	audio: 233.0.25.2/22446

You can get further information about this seminar, and access to
replays of previous seminars at the MIG Seminar web page:

http://bmrc.berkeley.edu/298/index.html

Sponsored by the Berkeley Multimedia Research Center