Subject: Submission of I/D: RTP payload format for MPEG-4 Audio/Visual streams

From: "Yoshihiro Kikuchi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 1999 12:33:43 +0900

Dear all,

I submitted an Internet draft for the RTP payload format for MPEG-4
Audio/Visual streams:

Title : RTP payload format for MPEG-4 Audio/Visual streams
Author(s) : Yoshihiro Kikuchi, Toshiyuki Nomura, Shigeru Fukunaga,
                 Yoshinori Matsui, Hideaki Kimata
Filename : draft-jnb-mpeg4av-rtp-00.txt
Pages : 14
Date : 22-Oct-99

This document describes RTP payload formats for the carriage of MPEG-4
Audio and Visual streams, and an RTCP format for MPEG-4 backward channel
messages functionalities. The specification is based on the study on
Internet draft for the carriage of MPEG-4 on IP, which is sent from
ISO/IEC JTC1/SC29/WG11(MPEG) as a liaison statement. In this
specification, MPEG-4 Audio/Visual bitstreams are directly mapped into
RTP packets without using MPEG-4 Systems. The RTP header fields usage
and the fragmentation rule for MPEG-4 Visual and Audio bitstreams are
specified. It also specifies an RTCP packet usage to carry the MPEG-4
backward channel messages.

I attach this document. Review and comments by the experts are much
appreciated.

Best regards,
Yoshihiro Kikuchi

----
        Yoshihiro Kikuchi

E-mail: [email-masked]
Corporate Research and Development Center
TOSHIBA Corporation
TEL: +81 +44 549 2288    FAX: +81 +44 520 1308

---

From: "Yoshihiro Kikuchi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 09:09:15 +0900

Dear all,

I'm sorry, I forgot to attach the document.

Regards,
Yoshihiro

-----Original Message-----
From: Yoshihiro Kikuchi <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>; 4on2andIP-sys
<[email-masked]>
Cc: Yoshihiro Kikuchi <[email-masked]>
Date: Saturday, October 23, 1999 12:34 PM
Subject: Submission of I/D: RTP payload format for MPEG-4 Audio/Visual
streams

---

From: SIGNES Julien FTR&D/TD <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 16:55:56 -0700

Hi,

I am not an MPEG audio expert, but, could anybody tell me what is the right
MPEG audio forum to inform them about our proposal to use MPEG-4 systems to
compose ITU audio streams? :)

Julien

-----Original Message-----
From: Yoshihiro Kikuchi [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Sunday, October 24, 1999 5:09 PM
To: Yoshihiro Kikuchi; [email-masked]; 4on2andIP-sys
Subject: RE: Submission of I/D: RTP payload format for MPEG-4
Audio/Visual streams

Dear all,

Regards,
Yoshihiro