Subject: [AVT] draft-lazzaro-avt-mwpp-coding-guidelines-01.txt

From: John Lazzaro <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2003 17:59:31 -0800

Hi everyone,

	I sent the draft of the complete MWPP implementation guide off
to [email-masked] today. You can download it now from:

  http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~lazzaro/sa/pubs/txt/current-guide.txt

	See the abstract below for details, as well as the I-D change
log.  Comments are welcome. I'll turn the document around one more
time before the March 3 San Francisco cutoff date, and can incorporate
your feedback into the revision.

	Writing this 77-page (!) document added a few more open issues
to draft-ietf-avt-mwpp-midi-rtp-05.txt.  Next, I'll spend a few days
writing the RTP over TCP I-D, and then I'll start working through the
open issue list for draft-ietf-avt-mwpp-midi-rtp-05.txt. I expect to
submit an -06.txt in time for March 3 deadline.

---

INTERNET-DRAFT                                              John Lazzaro
January 15, 2003                                          John Wawrzynek
Expires: July 15, 2003                                       UC Berkeley

 An Implementation Guide to the MIDI Wire Protocol Packetization (MWPP)

           <draft-lazzaro-avt-mwpp-coding-guidelines-01.txt>

                                Abstract

     This memo offers non-normative implementation guidance for the MIDI
     Wire Protocol Packetization (MWPP), an RTP packetization for the
     MIDI command language. In the main body of the memo, we discuss one
     MWPP application in detail: an interactive, two-party, single-
     stream session over unicast UDP transport that uses RTCP. In the
     Appendices, we discuss specialized implementation issues: MWPP
     without RTCP, MWPP with TCP, multi-stream sessions, multi-party
     sessions, and content streaming.

---

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Lazzaro -- Research Specialist -- CS Division -- EECS -- UC Berkeley
lazzaro [at] cs [dot] berkeley [dot] edu     www.cs.berkeley.edu/~lazzaro
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt