Subject: [AVT] when will draft-ietf-avt-rfc2833bis-02 become an RFC?

From: "Dominic Walker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 16:19:44 -0000

Dear S. Bradner and A. Mankin,

Could you tell me by when it is envisioned that the draft RFC :
draft-ietf-avt-rfc2833bis-02.txt "RTP Payload for DTMF Digits, Telephony
Tones and Telephony Signals " would become an RFC? What approval process
must it go through in order to become an RFC (Must it be voted at the next
IETF meeting)?. Also, would it be called RFC2833 or RFC 2833bis? 

Regards,
Dominic
____________________________________________
Dominic Walker 
Passport Packet Voice Gateways
Carrier Voice over IP 
Nortel Networks Research
London Road, 
Harlow, Essex, CM17 9NA, UK

   Tel: (direct) +44 (0)1279 403379
ESN (Internal): 742-3379 
 Fax:(direct) +44 (0)1279 402885
mailto:[email-masked]
__________________________________________________
Registered Office:
Nortel Networks Ltd, Maidenhead Office Park, Westacott Way,
Maidenhead, Berkshire SL6 3QH.Registered in England No. 2515751
__________________________________________________________

 This message may contain information proprietary to Nortel Networks plc
                so any unauthorised disclosure, copying or distribution
                                of its contents is strictly prohibited.
__________________________________________________________

---

From: Stephen Casner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 00:50:12 -0800 (PST)

> IETF meeting)?. Also, would it be called RFC2833 or RFC 2833bis?

You addressed your message to S. Bradner and A. Mankin, but did not
send it to them directly.

The draft-ietf-avt-rfc2833bis-02.txt was discussed at the IETF meeting
in Atlanta, resulting in some changes to be made.  The authors will
prepare another version, which can happen at any time (does not have
to wait for the next meeting).  Presuming that version is believed to
be complete, a two-week working group last call for comments, and if
there are no problems, it would then be submitted with a request for
publication.  If Allison Mankin finds it ready for full IESG review,
then the IESG last call will be issued.  If the draft is approved by
the IESG, then it will go to the RFC editor.  It will be published
with a new number, so it will be neither 2833 nor 2833bis.

                                                        -- Steve

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt