Subject: [AVT] draft-lazzaro-avt-rtp-framing-contrans-00.txt ...

From: John Lazzaro <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 19:05:13 -0800

Hi everyone,

	Just sent the first draft of the RTP over TCP I-D off
to [email-masked]. You can download a copy now from:

  http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~lazzaro/sa/pubs/txt/current-contrans.txt

	See the abstract below for more details. I took the approach
of documenting one of the two framing methods that had support on the
list during the December discussions, and writing a full I-D for that
method (the legacy RTP method).

---

INTERNET-DRAFT                                              John Lazzaro
January 16, 2003                                             CS Division
Expires: July 16, 2003                                       UC Berkeley

    Framing RTP and RTCP Packets over Connection-Oriented Transport

            <draft-lazzaro-avt-rtp-framing-contrans-00.txt>

                                Abstract

     This memo defines a method for framing Real Time Protocol (RTP) and
     Real Time Control Protocol (RTCP) packets onto connection-oriented
     transport (such as TCP and TLS). We show how a session description
     may specify the use of the framing method. We also show how to use
     the framing method with the Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Lazzaro -- Research Specialist -- CS Division -- EECS -- UC Berkeley
lazzaro [at] cs [dot] berkeley [dot] edu     www.cs.berkeley.edu/~lazzaro
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt