Subject: [AVT] Re: New I-Ds for Ogg technologies (Vorbis over RTP, Ogg file format, Mimetypes)

From: Allison Mankin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 20:30:41 -0800

Silvia, AVT WG, Chairs,

We IESG passed draft-walleij-ogg-mediatype-08.txt as a Proposed
Standard today.  It had had a four week Last Call some time back and
was not changed, other than now having the internet-draft available to
document the fileformat.  Congratulations!

The accompanying i-d, draft-pfeiffer-ogg-fileformat, was on the agenda
as well and Harald Alvestrand raised a technical question that needs
to be resolved before we can progress it as Informational.  Harald's
written question:

  Technical omission (I think): The document says that the BOS page
  "contains information to identify the codec type and any additional
  information to set up the decoding process.  The format of that page
  is therefore dependent on the codec and therefore MUST be given in
  the encoding specification of that logical bitstream type."

  It's pretty clear that OGG players can identify which codec is being
  used. But this document does not say which bytes of the BOS page can
  be used to identify the codec. (first 4 bytes? first 16 bytes? up to
  the first NUL?)

Thanks,

Allison
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt