Subject: [AVT] draft-flaks-avt-rtp-ac3-03.txt

From: "Hager, Todd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 11:07:58 -0800

Hello,

Please find attached the latest version of the RTP Payload Format for
AC-3 Streams
draft, draft-flaks-avt-rtp-ac3-03.txt.  This has just been submitted to
[email-masked]. 

This is the first draft submission with myself replacing Jason Flaks as
the document author. Changes are mostly editorial.

The single technical change in this revision was made to the NDU field 
described in 2.1.1. Previously, the NDU was designated as the high 4 
bits of a byte with the low 4 bits marked as reserved.  Now the NDU is
an 
8-bit number so that no bit shifting is required to process it.

Next efforts will involve reviewing the redundant data mechanism
descibed in 2.3 for conformance with RFC 2198. I expect to issue a -04
release in time for the March 3 deadline.

Regards,
Todd Hager
Dolby Laboratories

Internet Draft                                                 T. Hager
January 2003                                         Dolby Laboratories
Expires: June 2003                                             J. Flaks
                                                  Microsoft Corporation

                  RTP Payload Format for AC-3 Streams
                   <draft-flaks-avt-rtp-ac3-03.txt>

Abstract 

This document describes an RTP payload format for transporting AC-3 
encoded audio data.  AC-3 is a high quality multichannel audio coding 
system used in ATSC HDTV, DVD, film, and other media.  The RTP payload 
format presented in this document provides mechanisms for interleaving 
redundant data, which can increase packet loss resilience.  An 
intelligent method for fragmenting AC-3 frames that exceed the maximum 
transfer unit (MTU) is also described. 

This message (including any attachments) may contain confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose. If you are not the intended recipient, delete this message. If you are not the intended recipient, disclosing, copying, distributing, or taking any action based on this message is strictly prohibited.