Subject: [AVT] RFC 3611 on RTP Control Protocol Extended Reports (RTCP XR)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 11:04:42 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3611

        Title:      RTP Control Protocol Extended Reports (RTCP XR)
        Author(s):  T. Friedman, R. Caceres, A. Clark, Eds.
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       November 2003
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      55
        Characters: 126736
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avt-rtcp-report-extns-06.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3611.txt

This document defines the Extended Report (XR) packet type for the
RTP Control Protocol (RTCP), and defines how the use of XR packets
can be signaled by an application if it employs the Session
Description Protocol (SDP).  XR packets are composed of report
blocks, and seven block types are defined here.  The purpose of the
extended reporting format is to convey information that supplements
the six statistics that are contained in the report blocks used by
RTCP's Sender Report (SR) and Receiver Report (RR) packets.  Some
applications, such as multicast inference of network characteristics
(MINC) or voice over IP (VoIP) monitoring, require other and more
detailed statistics.  In addition to the block types defined here,
additional block types may be defined in the future by adhering to
the framework that this document provides.

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group
of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.