Subject: [AVT] Summary discussion items form Minneapolis - draft-basso-avt-videoconreq-00.txt

From: "Andrea Basso" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 14:36:11 -0500

We are planning to briefly discuss the draft
draft-basso-avt-videoconreq-00.txt in the coming IETF. The draft looks at
the requirements for the transport of video codec control commands.  We are
specifically  interested in discussing:

1- List of commands:
The current draft has a comprehensive list of commands for codec control.
Some of them are popular in particular in video conferencing applications.
Some others are much less popular and almost never used in current
applications. So the list needs trimming. We are looking for comments on
commands that need to be added to the list and the ones that can be safely
removed.

2- Reliability Requirements of codec control commands:
We are looking for comments on the reliability requirements for each of
commands discussed in the list resulting from the discussion of item 1.

3- Next steps:
   Is AVT a good home for the follow-up draft that will describe the
mechanisms of transport video codec control commands?

-Andrea

Andrea Basso
NMS Communications

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt