Subject: [AVT] Summary of discussion items for draft-ietf-avt-rtcpssm

From: Julian Chesterfield <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 20:57:13 +0000

Joerg will be presenting an overview of updates and open issues for 
draft-ietf-avt-rtcpssm at the meeting tomorrow. Here's an outline of 
changes to the draft since last time:

- draft-ietf-avt-rtcpssm current version -05

- Updated refs into normative vs informative.

- Added clarifiying text for each summary type to explain what 
information is provided.

- Clarified bandwidth allocation rules for source in reflection vs 
summarised modes. In summary mode, the sender will use the receiver's 
bandwidth for the feedback channel for summaries.

- 64 bit timestamp used in RSI header.

Open issue:
Security considerations section needs slimming down, it is currently a 
little too detailed. We've tried to present info as a 'cookbook' style 
approach to security components complying to the requirements. We'll 
need to determine what level of information is required to explain the 
motivation for the security requirements, and whether we can cut down 
some of the detail e.g. attack vulnerabilities, types of attack etc.. So 
feedback form the group on this issue is particularly solicited.

Otherwise, we hope to have any final updates/requests into the draft by 
december for a final call version.

Many thanks,

Julian Chesterfield

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt