Subject: Re: [AVT] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-rtp-clearmode-03.txt

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2003 13:48:50 +0000

On Tuesday, Oct 14, 2003, at 22:15 Europe/London, Linus Walleij wrote:
> One minor:
>
>    This document also serves as the MIME type registration according 
> RFC
>                                                                     ^
>                                                                     to
> Apart from that it's ready to roll, IMHO.

I caught a few minor things:

- Section 2 is missing the citation [2]
- Section 3: "A sample rate of 8000 Hz is used" -> "MUST be used"?
- Section 3 needs to indicate that other RTP header fields are used as
   specified in RFC 3550 and any applicable profile.
- Section 6: This is a payload format, not a profile. Need to reword the
   first paragraph appropriately.
- Section 6: Would be appropriate to mention that RTP is not an 
appropriate
   transfer protocol for reliable octet streams, and that TCP is better 
in
   those cases. Should probably also mention the importance of congestion
   control, and reference the discussion in RFC 3551.
- Reference [10] should include the draft filename, so the RFC Editor 
can
   track the dependency

Other than these details, I think it's ready to go. If other members of 
the group have comments, they should be sent to the mailing list by the 
14th of November (the last day of the IETF meeting), so a revised draft 
can be submitted immediately the archives re-open.

-- 
Colin Perkins
http://csperkins.org/

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt