Subject: [AVT] Summary for draft-ietf-avt-rtp-h264-03.txt

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 17:42:09 +0100

Hi

This is the summary of open issues to be discussed for the H.264 RTP 
payload format:

o The security section needs review.

o An optional MIME/SDP parameter, max-don-diff, was added as an option 
to control the receiver buffering in the interleaved packetization mode. 
  max-don-diff is specified similarly to the maximum displacement 
parameter in the draft-ietf-avt-mpeg4-simple Internet Draft, but instead 
of using a maximum difference in terms of RTP timestamps a maximum 
difference in terms of decoding order numbers is used.  Does 
max-don-diff bring benefits that justify the complicated receiver 
description?

o ITU-T H.241 provides a way for decoders to signal capability for 
greater processing speed or memory amount than required in the profile 
and level that is used.  H.241 specifies CustomMaxMBPS, CustomMaxFS, 
CustomMaxDPB, and CustomMaxBRandCPB.  Should similar parameters be 
specified as optional MIME/SDP parameters to enhance the capability 
exchange procedure of SIP-based video conferencing?

Please send any comment to the AVT list.

Best Regards

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: "Alan Duric" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 18:10:06 +0100

Hi,

during the 58th IETF meeting in Minneapolis there will be discussed
following wrt draft-ietf-avt-rtp-ilbc-03.txt and
draft-ietf-avt-rtp-ilbc-03.txt:

# changes since the last version of (draft-ietf-avt-rtp-ilbc-03.txt)
	- input reflecting AVT chairs input on 02 version (clarified a
number of ID nits and descriptions)
	- changes in file format (2 different file types, empty frame
introduced) 

# changes since the last version of (draft-ietf-avt-ilbc-codec-03.txt)
	- input reflecting AVT chairs input on 02 version (clarified a
number of ID nits and descriptions, 2 compiler errors 	in the source
code due to formatting fixed)
	- empty frame introduction (no effect on existing
implementations)

# Update on running implementations

# WGLC (proposal) for both of the drafts

Your feedback/comments are greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Alan

________________________________________________________________________
____________
Cuius rei demonstrationem mirabilem sane detexi hanc marginis exiguitas
non caperet.