Subject: [AVT] RTP MIDI I-Ds updated ...

From: "John Lazzaro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 20:31:12 -0800

Hi everyone,

	Just sent refreshed versions of the RTP MIDI I-Ds
off to internet-drafts, you can download them now from
the Berkeley mirror:

http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~lazzaro/sa/pubs/txt/current-rtp-midi.txt
http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~lazzaro/sa/pubs/txt/current-guide.txt

	The Change Logs are short so I'll post them at
the end of this message.  Of interest to IETF folks will
be the added paragraphs throughout Appendix C.5,
that provide Offer/Answer implementation advice for
each fmtp parameter.

	The current plan is to keep the window for
"pre-Last-Call comments" open through early April,
then do one last refresh (if necessary) and request
the Last Call.

---

M.  Change Log for <draft-ietf-avt-rtp-midi-format-02.txt>

[Note to RFC Editors: this Appendix, and its Table of Contents listing,
should be removed from the final version of the memo]

The changes below reflect comments on the candidate Last Call documents.

   o  Chapter E has been added to the channel journal (changes
      appear in Section 5 and Appendices A.7, C.1.3, and D).
      Chapter E supplements Chapter N, to code information to
      reduce transient artifacts for MIDI NoteOn/NoteOff commands
      in special situations. Chapter E targets applications that:
      (1) have several NoteOn commands happening at the same time
      for the same MIDI note number on the same MIDI channel, and (2)
      applications that use release velocity.  For applications
      do not use MIDI in this way, Chapter E is never required
      to appear in a channel journal.  Chapter E has been
      coded into the sfront NMP reference implementation.
      Note that the chapter ordering in the channel journal
      Table of Contents has been reordered so that Chapter E
      appears in an optimal position (Figure 9).

   o  In Chapter A (Appendix A.8), the N bit was renamed the
      X bit, and the polarity of the bit was inverted.  These
      changes improve uniformity with other chapters.

   o  Added comments to Appendices C.1 and C.4 to show how
      the chapter inclusion parameters may be used to statically
      partition a MIDI source between two streams.

   o  Added Offer/Answer interoperability notes to the
      definitions of all fmtp parameters in Appendix C.  These
      notes appear inline for each parameter type, and appear
      in Appendices C.1 (final paragraph of preamble), C.1.1
      (paragraphs that follow the session description example),
      C.1.2 (final two paragraphs), C.1.3 (paragraphs 5 and 6),
      C.2 (final paragraph of preamble), C.3.1 (5th paragraph),
      C.3.2 (paragraph 5), C.4 (second to last paragraph of the
      preamble), C.5 (preamble).

   o  Acknowledgements expanded.

----

G.  Change Log for <draft-ietf-avt-rtp-midi-guidelines-02.txt>

[Note to RFC Editors: this Appendix, and its Table of Contents listing,
should be removed from the final version of the memo]

The document has changed to reflect the addition of Chapter E to the
recovery channel journal.  In Section 2, "E" has been added to
ch_unused.  In the preambles of Sections 5 and 7, we explain the
assumptions that permit excluding Chapter E from the example.

In Section 7.2 (description of note recovery algorithms) we address
Chapter E issues in more detail, and fix incorrect statements about the
applicability of the presented algorithm to note patterns other than
NoteOn->NoteOff->NoteOn->NoteOff.

---
John Lazzaro
http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~lazzaro
lazzaro [at] cs [dot] berkeley [dot] edu
---

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt