Subject: [AVT] Bandwidth for video codecs.

From: "Even, Roni" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 10:19:34 +0200

Hi,
In draft-ietf-avt-rfc2429bis-00.txt, I have a MaxBR parameter. This
parameter specify the max bit rates in units of 100 bits/sec, it was added
from a previous draft from Petri. SDP RFC 2327 specifies the AS modifier to
be used for media level for the b= in units of kbit/sec. There are cases
were using the AS modifier is not good enough since you need to specify the
max bit rate in a more precise number then kbit/sec. 
draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-bwparam-05.txt defines a new bandwidth (b=) modifier
TIAS which can used to specify the bw in unit of bit per second. I would
like to take out the MaxBR from the RFC2429 and recommend in the text to use
the TIAS modifier to specify the maximum video bit rate.

Roni

*************************************
Roni Even

Polycom Israel

Tel: +972-3-9251200
Cell: +972-55-481099
email:[email-masked]
*******************************************

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt