Subject: [AVT] Clearmode definition.

From: Rajesh Kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 11:03:49 -0800

Are there plans to address N x 64 clear mode (N > 1) in 
draft-ietf-avt-rtp-clearmode-04.txt ?

One method might be to have N as a MIME parameter.

I recommend that we do.

Thanks,

Rajesh

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Rajesh Kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 12:18:11 -0800

At 08:12 PM 3/18/2004 +0000, Colin Perkins wrote:
>--> Rajesh Kumar <[email-masked]> writes:
>No. This is explicitly out of scope of AVT, and will be addressed in the
>PWE3 working group.

I do not understand why 64 kbps clearmode is any different from 384 kbps. 
Both can be negotiated codecs for a session type. N x 64 should be 
negotiable session by session and not just relegated to the provisioned 
tunnel category. I recommend a MIME definition for it if you do not want to 
fold it into the MIME for 64 kbps clear mode, although I would prefer the 
latter.

>--
>Colin Perkins
>http://csperkins.org/

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 20:12:39 +0000

-- 
Colin Perkins
http://csperkins.org/

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 09:31:55 +0000

--> Rajesh Kumar <[email-masked]> writes:
> tunnel category. I recommend a MIME definition for it if you do not want
> to fold it into the MIME for 64 kbps clear mode, although I would prefer
> the latter.

As I mentioned before, the PWE3 working group is the appropriate place to
discuss this question. 

-- 
Colin Perkins
http://csperkins.org/