Subject: [avt] New version of RFC2793bis - rtp payload format for text coinversation is published

From: "Gunnar Hellstrom" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 08:23:07 +0100

A new version of RFC2793bis, RTP payload format for text conversation is
published by IETF as announced in the mail below.

This version (-03) contains slight modifications from the previous version
in response to comments received in the mail list and in the avt meeting in
Seoul.

The following is a summary of the main changes referring to the modified
sections:
------
3.2 The description of the use of the audio/t140 format is slightly
modified, by deleting a sentence about it being not suitable for
multimedia.

3.7 Timestamp for audio/t140. A sentence about what to do if different
payload types in the same stream use different clock rates is deleted. That
is a general RTP problem.

3.8 Renamed to "structure of redundant data"

4.2 New section inserted describing the mechanisms for detection of loss.

11. Reference to SRTP changed from ietf-draft to RFC 3711

------
Furthermore, a new version of ietf-draft-avt-text-red has been published,
also meeting modification requirements from Seoul by minor changes. The
announcement is copied last in this mail.

It is my hope that the increased clarity of these specifications will
contribute to ease the development of interoperable text communication
solutions.

Regards

Gunnar Hellström
-------------------------------------------
Gunnar Hellström
Omnitor AB
Renathvägen 2
SE 121 37 Johanneshov
SWEDEN
+46 8 556 002 03
Mob: +46 708 204 288
www.omnitor.se
[email-masked]
--------------------------------------------

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2004 3:49 PM
To: IETF-Announce:
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-rfc2793bis-03.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title		: RTP Payload for Text Conversation
	Author(s)	: G. Hellstrom
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-rfc2793bis-03.txt
	Pages		: 21
	Date		: 2004-3-17

This memo describes how to carry text conversation session contents
in RTP packets. Text conversation session contents are specified in
ITU-T Recommendation T.140 [1].

Text conversation is used alone or in connection to other
conversational facilities such as video and voice, to form multimedia
conversation services.

This RTP payload description contains an optional possibility to
include redundant text from already transmitted packets in order to
reduce the risk of text loss caused by packet loss. The redundancy
coding follows RFC 2198.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rfc2793bis-03.txt

------------text-red-------------------------------------------------------
--------------

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the
IETF.

	Title		: Registration of the text/red MIME Sub-Type
	Author(s)	: P. Jones
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-text-red-02.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 2004-3-22

This document defines the text/red MIME sub-type.  The actual RTP
   packetization for this MIME type is specified in RFC 2198.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-text-red-02.txt
ENCODING mime
FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rfc2793bis-03.txt