Subject: [AVT] CFP NOSSDAV 2005

From: Ketan Mayer-Patel <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 10:31:08 -0500

CALL FOR PAPERS

                                NOSSDAV 2005
            http://www.nossdav.org/2005/

        15th ACM International Workshop on Network and Operating
                System Support for Digital Audio and Video

For fifteen years, NOSSDAV has fostered cutting-edge state-of-the-art
research in multimedia and newly emerging areas such as networked
games and peer-to-peer streaming. The workshop environment encourages
lively discussion among participants and invites strong feedback for
work in progress. For 2005, NOSSDAV will take place in Skamania,
Washington. Located along the beautiful Columbia River about 30 miles
east of Portland, Oregon, Skamania offers a variety of outdoor
activities including golf, river rafting, kayaking, hiking, and quaint
riverfront towns steeped in Lewis-and-Clark-era history.

NOSSDAV invites submissions on all areas of multimedia computing and
networking and strongly encourages work in progress in emerging
areas. Papers grounded in high-quality experimental research based on
prototype and real systems are highly valued. Additionally, papers
proposing new directions for research or calling into question
existing conventional wisdom are welcomed. Topics of interest include,
but are not limited to:

  *** Peer-to-peer streaming
  *** Networked games
  *** Wireless and mobile multimedia systems
    - 3D multimedia and tele-immersion
    - Streaming 3D graphics and virtual worlds
    - Sensor netowrks and architectures
    - In-network stream processing
    - Application-level multicast
    - Multimedia security
    - Digital rights management
    - Real-time operating system support for multimedia
    - Multimedia middleware and frameworks

New for this year are three topic-specific sessions on peer-to-peer
streaming, networked games, and mobile media.  These sessions will
include an invited paper from leading researchers and discussion
panels.  Papers in these three areas are strongly encouraged.  A broad
view will be taken in deciding what topics are within scope.  Please
feel free to contact the workshop co-chairs if you are unsure and wish
to check if a particular paper or topic is within the workshop scope.

As always, student participation is strongly encouraged. To encourage
a good mix of seasoned researchers as well as students, we will be
offering discounted registration for student members who attend with
their faculty advisor.

Submissions (as well as the camera ready final versions of accepted
papers) should be no longer than 6 pages. We expect these submissions
to be the kernel of what will eventually lead to full-length papers at
high-quality conferences or journals.

Important Dates
    February 21, 2005:
        Paper registration deadline (abstract and title only).

    February 28, 2005:
        Paper submission deadline (full papers).

More information is available at the workshop website:
    http://www.nossdav.org/2005

Workshop Co-Chairs:
   Wu-Chi Feng (Portland State University, [email-masked])
   Ketan Mayer-Patel (University of North Carolina, [email-masked])

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt