Subject: [AVT] draft-ietf-avt-rfc2833bis-07.txt

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 12:02:51 -0500

I have submitted the latest draft of the core specification, 2833bis.  It includes 
the following changes:

- deleted all but DTMF event codes.  Data and trunk signalling codes will have 
their own documents.  Subscriber line events apparently are not of interest, and 
will be dropped.  (On-hook and off-hook will be taken up into the trunk-related 
material.)

- sharpened the language relating to the applicability of RFC 2198 redundancy when 
events are the primary payload.  The recommendation is now to restrict RFC 2198 
use in that case to packets containing both retransmissions and new events.

- tightened up the discussion of reliability for the events payload.  (I realized 
that there were really only two mechanisms, one of which could be extended by 
using RFC 2198.)  Clarified the reliability section for the tones payload, which 
previously contained a reference to a section to which new, inapplicable content 
had been added.

- fixed a bug in the handling of long events when reported in RFC 2198 payloads in 
combination with other payload types.

- removed most of the advice on packetization period to the non-normative 
"Application Considerations" section.  The latter has been totally rewritten.  The 
examples have been rewritten to show the tones as well as the events payload, 
singly and in combination.

- rewrote parts of the playout section, 2.5.2.2, to add points raised by Satish 
Mundra.

- editorial: consolidated the MIME registrations into the "IANA Considerations" 
section.

-- 
Tom Taylor
Carrier VoIP Standards Development
Nortel
Phone +1 613 763 1496  (ESN 393-1496)
E-mail: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt