Subject: [AVT] Call for Paper IWQoS 2005

From: IWQoS 2005 Organisation Committee <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 09:47:50 +0100

*** Call for Paper ***
Thirteenth International Workshop on Quality of Service (IWQoS 2005)
University of Pasau, Germany, on June 21-23, 2005

IWQoS has emerged as the prime annual event on Quality-of-Service 
(QoS)-related research and technologies. Building on the successes of 
previous workshops, the objective of the workshop is to bring together 
researchers, developers, and practitioners working in this area to 
discuss recent and innovative results, and identify future directions 
and challenges. IWQoS has a long standing tradition of being highly 
interactive while maintaining highest standards of competitiveness and 
excellence. This characteristic will be re-emphasized by intercepting 
the regular paper sessions with stimulating discussion events about 
controversial and cutting edge topics. The program will include the 
following highlights:

    * Key Note by Industrial Speaker
    * A Panel on “Self-Organization and QoS” by David Hutchison,
      Lancaster Univ, U.K.
    * A Position Paper Session on “The Impact of QoS: Where Industry
      meets Academia” by Francois Le Faucheur, Cicso Systems France and
      Georgios Karagiannis, Twente Univ., The Netherlands.
    * A Works in Progress Session focusing on emerging research
    * Key Note and Invited Paper by Randy Katz, UC Berkeley, U.S.A.
    * Industrial Exhibition and Demonstration of Tools and Methods
      related to Quality of Communication
      <http://www.fmi.uni-passau.de/lehrstuehle/demeer/iwqos/cfexhib.html>
      by Jan de Meer, Institute for High-performance Microelectronics
      GmbH, Frankfurt (Oder), Germany

The panel and the short paper sessions will be highly interactive and 
leave much time and space for the audience to get involved. The position 
and short papers will go through the general reviewing process but the 
papers must specifically be submitted to fit the track. Short versions 
of regular technical papers will not be accepted here. It is rather 
encouraged to submit work that is either stimulating with a long term 
vision or that points to immediate relevance with need for controversial 
debate to address the foremost experts at the venue.

Technical Program

Quality of Service principles can be applied to a large number of 
domains. Our goal is to broaden the areas that QoS research can be 
pulled from by recognizing the multi-disciplinary aspect to much of the 
research. In addition to the traditional areas, the call for papers does 
solicit, but is not limited to, papers in such areas as:

    * QoS in mobile/wireless environments, Sensor networks, 4G (IP for 3G)
    * QoS in overlays and peer-to-peer networks
    * QoS in GRID environments
    * SLA: end-to-end QoS, QoS in large scale, heterogeneous environments
    * QoS-aware software components: QoS for Web Services
    * QoS and self-organizing systems
    * New frontiers of QoS
    * QoS measurement versus control
    * QoS adaptation versus resource reservation
    * Hidden QoS issues, have we just learned to ignore QoS problems?
    * QoS in context aware systems (also related to mobility)
    * User perception/user interfaces for QoS
    * QoS and distributed systems
    * QoS and middleware
    * Fault tolerance and QoS
    * QoS in ad hoc networks
    * Economics and QoS
    * Security, trust and QoS
    * QoS in the home and everywhere
    * QoS and new media
    * QoS and haptics , virtual environments
    * QoS in buisiness processes, workflows

Further Information:
Web Site: http://www.fmi.uni-passau.de/iwqos
Contact: [email-masked]

Important Dates:

    * Paper abstract deadline: February 16th , 2005, 11:59pm CET
    * Full paper submission deadline: February 22th , 2005, 11:59pm CET
    * Short paper submission deadline: March 7th, 2005, 11:59pm CET
    * Notification of acceptance: March 24th , 2005
    * Camera-ready papers due: April 8, 2005
    * Hotel reservation cut-off date: May 19th , 2005
    * Early registration deadline: April 8th, 2005
    * Workshop dates: June 21-23 , 2005
    * Workshop reception and welcome party: June 20th, 2005

Program Chairs:

Hermann De Meer
University of Passau
Passau, Germany
mail: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

Nina Bhatti
Hewlett Packard Laboratories
Palo Alto, California USA
email: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

Organisation Chair:
Silvia Lehmbeck
University of Passau
Passau, Germany
email: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt