Subject: Re: [AVT] Updated 3GPP2 MIME ID: draft-garudadri-avt-3gpp2-mime-01.txt

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 18:49:48 +0000

On 17 Dec 2004, at 22:19, Harinath Garudadri wrote:
>  An updated version of the ID registering 3gpp2 MIME types is now  
> available at  
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-garudadri-avt-3gpp2-mime 
> -01.txt. This version uses the correct template and incorporates some  
> editorial changes.

I have a few details that should be resolved:

  - Please move the paragraph defining "Conventions used in this  
document" to
    be part of the introduction, rather than being a separate section.  
Also,
    please remove section 6 and add the text as an unnumbered note in the
    boilerplate at the start of the draft.

  - Is there a need to register media types other than audio or video  
(the
    most obvious being "text/3gpp2", to allow a future timed text  
format)?

Otherwise this draft looks reasonable to me, although I'm not a MIME  
expert. Once you've made these changes, you might consider asking for  
review on the <[email-masked]> mailing list.

Colin

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Harinath Garudadri <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 18:57:11 -0800

>    boilerplate at the start of the draft.

Done. The latest draft can obtained from 
http://people.qualcomm.com/randy/draft-garudadri-avt-3gpp2-mime-02.txt if 
you need it before the ID appears at 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-garudadri-avt-3gpp2-mime -02.txt

>    most obvious being "text/3gpp2", to allow a future timed text

3GPP2 timed text is same as 3GPP timed text. So, there is no need for other 
media types and we plan to use text/3gpp-tt

>review on the <[email-masked]> mailing list.

I have copied <[email-masked]> in this thread. Is this adequate or do 
I need to do anything else?

Thanks,
hari.

>Colin

Dr. Hari Garudadri
Qualcomm Inc.
work    : +1 858 651 6383
mobile : +1 858 229 2801