Subject: [AVT] Protocol Action: 'MIME type registration for RTP Payload format for H.224' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 10:17:43 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'MIME type registration for RTP Payload format for H.224 '
   <draft-ietf-avt-mime-h224-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Allison Mankin.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-mime-h224-05.txt-05.txt

Technical Summary

This memo specifies the Media Type (application/H224) used in for 
example SDP to negotiate the usage of ITU H.224. H.224 includes a far end 
camera control protocol which is of primary interest for usage by H.224. 
Procedures for negotiating both uni- and bi-directional sessions in SDP 
Offer/Answer are specified.

Working Group Summary

There is consensus in the WG to publish this document.

Protocol Quality

This document was reviewed the AVT WG.  Key revisions
clarified the applicability to be primarily H.224, because
this does not support far-end camera control in arbitrary 
Internet environments.  

The media type was sent for review to the ietf-types list in
message:
http://www.alvestrand.no/pipermail/ietf-types/2006-February/001653.html
and raised no issues.

Magnus Westerlund is the WG Chair shepherd.  Allison Mankin is
the Responsible Area Director.

Note to the RFC Editor

Abstract
Replace the interesting word "conversional" with
"conversational"

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt