Subject: [AVT] rtcpssm-11 draft

From: "Siddhartha Gandhi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 15:19:05 -0600

Hi all,

I went through
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtcpssm-11.txt ; posted
few days ago on avt.

I have few basic questions regarding the draft;

0. First of all, is this the standard or still in the experimental stage ?

1. Why and in which situation we require to use "feedback target nodes", can
we do without it, and use only the distribution source to compute the
receiver summary info ?

    If feedback target nodes is just going to relay or summarize the
receiver reports, it can be as well done by the Distribution Source. Then
why do we require Feedback nodes         

    between the receivers and the distribution source at the first place ?

2. Also distribution source needs to communicate with all group members. So
we might need to have it global. I need more clarification on how clients in
different 

    routing domains are going to provide the receiver reports or summary
information to this global distribution source ?

   Can we have something like distributed Distribution sources which will
get the information via message exchanges ?          

3. Simple Feedback model vs Distributed Source feedback model. Which one
"is/will be"  the industry norm ? Is it necessary to implement both ?

4.  Now we will be having a new SDP parameter to differentiate between two
different schemes:

            1. Simple Feedback Model ( rtp-unicast: reflection )

            2. Distribution source feedback summary model.

                        (rtp-unicast: rsi [processing:rtcp-type]*)

   Since these parameters are newly introduced; will they be recognized by
the existing SDP protocol ? If not, what things I need to take care of ?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Siddhartha

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt