Subject: [AVT] question on rtcpssm-11 draft

From: "Siddhartha Gandhi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 11:31:29 -0600

In rtcpssm-11 draft how "distribution source" is going to work with the
receivers spread across different routing domains ?

As is evident we will require one distribution source per routing domain.
Correct me if I am wrong. In that case how will

Distribution sources interact with each other to exchange the membership
information of different routing domains ?

Thanks,

Siddhartha

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 06:56:54 -0600

On 14 Mar 2006, at 11:31, Siddhartha Gandhi wrote:
> In rtcpssm-11 draft how “distribution source” is going to work with  
> the receivers spread across different routing domains ?
>
> As is evident we will require one distribution source per routing  
> domain. Correct me if I am wrong. In that case how will  
> distribution sources interact with each other to exchange the  
> membership information of different routing domains ?

To my mind that's outside the scope of this draft. Linking together  
multiple SSM trees is a real problem, but I'd prefer the group to get  
a standard for a single SSM distribution tree with feedback completed  
first.

Colin