Subject: [AVT] Protocol Action: 'RTP Payload Format for H.261 Video Streams' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 16:06:50 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'RTP Payload Format for H.261 Video Streams '
   <draft-ietf-avt-rfc2032-bis-13.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group. 

The IESG contact person is Allison Mankin.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rfc2032-bis-13.txt

Technical Summary

This memo specifies the RTP payload format for ITU H.261 Video Codec. It
This document obsoletes RFC 2032. The changes are the inclusion of
new optional media type parameters for image size and Annex D usage. The
payload specific control messages has also been deprecated. The changes
to the media type are backwards compatible and provides useful
explicitness around image size and usage of Annex D in the setup phase,
especially in the context of SIP/SDP Offer/Answer.

Working Group Summary

There is consensus in the WG to publish this document.

Protocol Quality

The core of this document, the payload format itself has been in use for
several years. Thus basic interoperability and implementability is well
known. This specification has been reviewed by the WG.

The media type registration update in this document was sent for
review in message 
http://www.alvestrand.no/pipermail/ietf-types/2006-February/001653.html
and raised no issues.

Magnus Westerlund is the WG Chair shepherd.  Allison Mankin is the
Responsible Area Director.

Notes to RFC Editor
 
 Please Add to the end of the abstract:  

   This specification obsoletes RFC 2032.

Section 7, Backward Compatibility to RFC2032
OLD:
   The current draft updates RFC2032.

NEW:
   The current draft replaces RFC2032.

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt