Subject: [AVT] NOMS 2006

From: Carlos Becker Westphall <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 11:44:10 -0300 (EST)

NOMS 2006: Advance Registration extended till 15 March 2006

10th IEEE/IFIP Network Operations and Management Symposium (NOMS 2006)
3-7 April 2006 / Vancouver Convention Center, Vancouver, Canada

On-line registration is open; advance deadline extension: 15 March 2006 
(was 28 February)

For details including preliminary program information, please visit:
http://www.noms2006.org/

Sponsored by the IEEE Communications Society, NOMS 2006 is the preeminent 
business forum for technical exchange of the research, standards,
development, systems integration, service provider, and user communities
with a focus on integrated management that encompasses provisioning,
operation and maintenance as it pertains to integrated systems and
services required for today^Òs multi-service and multi-domain environment
of heterogeneous technologies, service offerings, management strategies
and business models.

With program features that include workshops, panels, technical, poster
and business application sessions plus vendor exhibits, NOMS
2006 will provide up-to-date approaches, technical solutions and business
implications for emerging applications for these integrated
systems and services including communication networks, host systems,
enterprise applications, service oriented architectures, and
delivery of management services; with particular attention given the
combination of wireless and wired networks and the integration of
all-IP systems.

Topical tracks include:
· Management Paradigms, Models and Architectures
· Operation and Management Functions
· Service Engineering and Operational Challenges
· Theories, Models, and Enabling Management Technologies · Management of
Emerging Networks and Services

For more NOMS 2006 details & updates, visit: http://www.noms2006.org/

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Carlos Becker Westphall <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 00:06:51 -0300 (EST)

=====================================================
LAACS 2006 CFP
First Latin American Autonomic Computing Symposium (LAACS 2006) Organized by
Unicamp, Puc-Campinas and SBC Support Sponsors: LARC, RNP and IEEE (approval
pending) Corporate Sponsors: IBM and Padtec
http://www.fee.unicamp.br/laacs2006
=====================================================

To deal with the increasing complexity of large-scale IT systems today, 
computer elements must learn to manage themselves, in accordance with 
high-level guidance and human supervision - a concept that has been 
referred to as autonomic computing. Meeting the grand challenges of 
autonomic computing requires scientific and technological advances in a 
wide variety of fields.

The purpose of the 1st Latin American Autonomic Computing Symposium is 
to bring together researchers and practitioners addressing aspects of 
self-management and automation in computing systems. In doing so, we 
hope to develop and nurture a community that can work together to 
realize the vision of large-scale autonomic systems. Papers are 
solicited on a broad array of topics of relevance to autonomic 
computing; particularly those that bear on connections and relationships 
among different areas of research or report on prototype systems or 
experiences.

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

* Autonomic computing systems, components or applications that exhibit 
self-monitoring,
self-configuration, self-optimization, self-healing, and/or 
self-protection behavior.

* Middleware technologies for autonomic systems, based on interoperable 
Grid services,
Agent-based systems, Web services.

* Supporting technologies for autonomic computing, such as correlation 
techniques, knowledge representation, ontologies, process automation, 
systems & network management, service-level agreements & policies, 
negotiation, behavior enforcement, monitoring, dependency analysis, 
problem localization and remediation, workload management and 
provisioning, optimization, security, communication protocols, etc.

* New paradigms supporting systems, components or applications for 
autonomic computing, such as biological (or genetic, evolutionary), 
economic, mathematical (or statistical), or social.

* Methodologies, frameworks, tools, models, languages, runtime and 
interfaces for building
systems, components or applications for autonomic computing.

* Fundamental science of self-managing systems: understanding, 
controlling, or exploiting
emergent behavior, theoretical investigations of coupled feedback loops, 
predictive methods,
robustness, and related topics.

* Experiences with autonomic systems, components, tools or application 
prototypes:
measurements, evaluations, or analyses of system behavior, user studies, 
or experiences with
large-scale deployments of self-managing systems or applications.

PAPER SUBMISSIONS
Technical papers (maximum of 12 pages in length), Application papers 
(maximum of 8 pages in length) and Posters (maximum of 4 pages in 
length) written in ENGLISH are invited on a wide variety of topics 
related to autonomic computing as indicated above. All submissions will 
be reviewed and judged on merits including correctness, originality, 
technical strength, quality of presentation, and relevance to the 
conference themes. Submitted papers must include original work, and may 
not be under consideration for another conference or a journal. They 
should also not be under review or be submitted to another forum during 
this event's review process. Posters are not subject to any of these 
restrictions. Authors should submit all papers electronically (in PDF or 
postscript format) via the event web site at 
http://www.fee.unicamp.br/laacs2006/, and should follow the SBC format. 
Templates can also be found in the event web site.

OTHER SUBMISSIONS
This event may also feature extraordinary sessions consisting of 
demos/exhibits, tutorials and birds of a feather sessions. Interested 
parties should contact the event organizers directly for submission - 
for contact information please consult the event web site.

BEST PAPER AWARDS
Best paper awards will be presented in three categories: technical, 
application and poster. In addition, a student best paper award will 
also be presented. All awards will consist of a special certificate and 
additional incentive prizes to be determined by event sponsors. A 
student paper is defined as one in which the principal (not sole) author 
is a student. The student will be required to attend the conference and 
present the paper to be eligible to receive the award.

PUBLICATION
Accepted papers will appear in electronic proceedings published by the 
Brazilian Computer Society, which will be distributed at the main SBC 
conference.

IMPORTANT DATES
All paper submissions: April 9, 2006 (hard deadline, no extension) Author
notification: April 30, 2006 Final manuscripts due: May 10, 2006 All other
submissions (Tutorial/Demo/Exhibit/etc): May 10, 2006 Event dates: July
18-19, 2006

MORE INFORMATION
http://www.fee.unicamp.br/laacs2006

GENERAL CO-CHAIRS
Eduardo Zagari, PUC-Campinas, Brazil
Fabio Verdi, Unicamp, Brazil
Marcelo Perazolo, IBM, USA

STEERING COMMITTEE
Edmundo Madeira, Unicamp, Brazil
Jorge Becerra, USP, Brazil
Karin Breitman, PUC-Rio, Brazil
Marcelo Perazolo, IBM, USA

PUBLICITY CHAIR
Carlos Westphall, UFSC, Brazil

FINANCIAL CHAIR
Katia Pessanha, IBM, Brazil

LOCAL ARRANGEMENTS CHAIR
Irineu Sotoma, UFMS, Brazil

APPLICATION PROGRAM CHAIR
Iara Machado, RNP, Brazil

TECHNICAL PROGRAM CO-CHAIRS
Ana Melo, USP, Brazil
Linnyer Ruiz, UFMG, Brazil

PROGRAM COMMITTEE
Ana Bazzan, UFRGS, Brazil
Ana Melo, USP, Brazil
Andre Carvalho, USP-SC, Brazil
Andre Coelho, Unifor, Brazil
Brigitte Safar, Univ. Paris-Sud, France
Bruno Schulze, LNCC, Brazil
Camillo Oliveira, UFMG, Brazil
Carlos Lucena, PUC-Rio, Brazil
Carlos Soares, Univ. Do Porto, Portugal
Carlos Westphall, UFSC, Brazil
Edmundo Madeira, Unicamp, Brazil
Eduardo Zagari, PUC-Campinas, Brazil
Elias Procopio Jr, UFPR, Brazil
Emmett Witchel, Univ. of Texas, USA
Fabio Verdi, Unicamp, Brazil
Flavio Silva, USP, Brazil
Irineu Sotoma, UFMS, Brazil
Jaelson Castro, UFPE, Brazil
Jeff Kephart, IBM, USA
John Strassner, Motorola, USA
Jorge Becerra, USP, Brazil
Karin Breitman, PUC-Rio, Brazil
Karsten Schwan, Georgia Tech, USA
Lisandro Granville, UFRGS, Brazil
Luciano Gaspari, Unisinos, Brazil
Luiz Guedes, UFRN, Brazil
Linnyer Ruiz, UFMG, Brazil
Marcelo Perazolo, IBM, USA
Marco Casanova, PUC-Rio, Brazil
Marcus Bruner, NEC, Germany
Mauricio Magalhaes, Unicamp, Brazil
Michael Hinchey, NASA Goddard, USA
Michael Littman, Rutgers Univ., USA
Nazim Algoumine, Univ. d'Evry, France
Rodrigo Reis, UFPA, Brazil
Roy Sterritt, Univ. of Ulster, UK
Sven van der Meer, TSSG, Ireland
Vincent Freeh, NCSU, USA