Subject: [AVT] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-rfc3555bis-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 15:50:01 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Media Type Registration of RTP Payload Formats
	Author(s)	: S. Casner
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-rfc3555bis-03.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2006-3-27
	
This document specifies the procedure to register RTP payload
     formats as audio, video or other media subtype names.  This is
     useful in a text-based format description or control protocol to
     identify the type of an RTP transmission.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rfc3555bis-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-avt-rfc3555bis-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rfc3555bis-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 12:48:01 +0100

Steve,

One minor comment: there was some discussion on MMUSIC recently about  
example MIME types, leading to draft-taylor-types-example-00.txt.  
There were favourable comments on the draft on the types list, so  
using "audio/example" rather than "audio/foo" would make sense.

Otherwise, this draft looks good to go.

Colin

---

From: Stephen Casner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 08:18:28 -0800 (PST)

Colin,

> Otherwise, this draft looks good to go.

Thanks.  I also realized that I forgot to add to the Changes From RFC
3555 section a mention of the paragraph I just added in this -03
revision about requirements on adding new parameters to existing
types.

                                                        -- Steve