Subject: [AVT] draft-mcgrew-srtp-ekt-00.txt

From: David McGrew <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 13:25:00 -0800

Hello,

I'd like to point out a new individual submission defining an  
extension to Secure RTP, "Encrypted Key Transport for Secure RTP",  
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mcgrew-srtp-ekt-00.txt:

    SRTP Encrypted Key Transport (EKT) is an extension to SRTP that
    provides for the secure transport of SRTP master keys, Rollover
    Counters, and other information, within SRTCP.  This facility  
enables
    SRTP to work for decentralized conferences with minimal control, and
    to handle situations caused by SIP forking and early media.

We've asked to present this work at the AVT WG meeting in Dallas, and  
we're requesting that it be picked up as standards track work.  We're  
copying MMUSIC WG because EKT addresses some issues that have been  
identified by that WG.  MSEC is copied because EKT works for  
multicast and scales well.

Best regards,

David

P.S.  There are several extensions to SRTP, several of which have  
been recently proposed.  For those interested, a list of these drafts  
is online at http://srtp.sourceforge.net/spec.html.

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt