Subject: [AVT] CfP - IEEE/IST Workshop on "Monitoring, Attack Detection and Mitigation" (MonAM 2006): Submission Deadline 19 June 2006

From: Georg Carle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 19:46:48 +0200

Please apologize multiple copies.

=========================================================================
                CALL FOR PAPERS AND PRESENTATIONS

                      IEEE / IST Workshop on:
          "Monitoring, Attack Detection and Mitigation"
                          (MonAM 2006)

             Thursday 28 / Friday 29 September, 2006
                      Tuebingen, Germany

                          Sponsors:

                  Technical co-sponsorship* by
               the IEEE Communications Society

           Technical Committee on High-Speed Networking - TCHSN

   Communications and Information Security Technical Committee - CISTC

                                               *approval pending

         IST Directorate D - Network and Communication Technologies

PURPOSE AND FORMAT

The intention of this workshop foster interaction among researchers from
the industry, universities, and other research institutes on various
aspects of network monitoring, attack detection and mitigation, suitable
for high-speed networks.

The workshop aims to provide a forum for presenting and discussing recent
work, as well as ongoing and planned projects.
The workshop will consist of a number of short presentations and discussion
on current research, hot topics, position statements, and controversial
opinions, as well as practical demonstrations.

The workshop is in the spirit of the IEEE workshop series on High Speed
Networking (c.f. http://www.comsoc.org/tcgn/activities.html ), and aims
to be relatively small (not more than 60 participants), with a
considerable amount of time devoted to informal discussion.

The topics of the workshop include but are not limited to:

- high-speed network monitoring
- network anomaly detection
- denial of service attack detection and mitigation
- intrusion and worm detection
- attack response mechanisms
- policy based mechanisms for detection and response
- high speed firewalling technology
- network honeypots
- use of overlay and peer-to-peer networks for detection and
  mitigation
- detection and mitigation of attacks in overlay networks
- attack detection and mitigation in mobile networks

The workshop format will include invited keynote presentations as well
as short presentations selected from the submissions.

Accepted submissions will be published in workshop proceedings with
ISBN number and will be made available on the Web.

INFORMATION TO CONTRIBUTORS

The following types of contributions are invited:

- Research papers of up to 6 pages, presenting original, recent and
  innovative research results or developments within the scope of the
  workshop.

- Extended abstracts of up to 3 pages, presenting ongoing or planned
  projects, work in progress, or small yet novel research results.

- Demonstrations that present original developments. Demonstration
  submissions should be short, specifying the functionality of the
  demonstrator, and stating the technical requirements in terms of
  space and equipment.

- Panel proposals. We welcome proposals for panels of high relevance
  to the workshop. Panels are expected to be composed of a moderating
  chair plus approximately three panelists.  A one to two page abstract
  suitable for inclusion in the proceedings should accompany the proposal.

Submissions are reviewed, and selected contributions will be included
in the workshop proceedings.

Submissions of papers and extended abstracts are due by 19 June 2006.
Submissions must be in PDF.

Please use the IEEE INFOCOM formating guidelines, for which
a sample manuscript is available at:
http://www.ieee.org/organizations/pubs/confpub/auxfiles/sample_manuscript.pdf
Templates and submission instructions are available at:
http://www.diadem-firewall.org/workshop06/

Submission of electronic versions of the presentation slides is due by
15 September 2006. These slides will be included in the on-line
proceedings of the workshop, which will be compiled in advance of the event.

All submissions have to be provided via web upload according to the
instructions available at: http://www.diadem-firewall.org/workshop06/

DATES

Submission deadline:  19 June 2006
Notification of Acceptance:  10 August 2006
Submission of camera-ready papers and slides: 15 September 2006
Workshop dates: 28 and 29 September 2006

ORGANISING COMMITTEE

General Chair:
        Georg Carle, University of Tuebingen
        http://net.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/en/members/carle/

Program Chairs:
        Morris Sloman, Imperial College London
        http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~mss/

        Olivier Paul, INT - Institut National des
        Telecommunications
        http://www-lor.int-evry.fr/~paul_o/

PROGRAM COMMITTEE (tentative)

 Ehab Al-Shaer, DePaul University
 Torsten Braun, University of Bern
 Georg Carle, University of Tuebingen
 Joachim Charzinski, Siemens AG
 Yannick Carlinet, France Telecom R&D
 Marc Dacier, Eurecom
 Hervé Debar, France Telecom R&D
 Constantinos Dovrolis, Georgia Tech
 Sonia Fahmy, Purdue University
 Olivier Festor, LORIA - INRIA Lorraine
 Dusan Gabrijelcic, Josef Stefan Institute
 Markus Hofmann, Lucent/Bell Labs, USA
 David Hutchison, Lancaster University
 Hartmut König, BTU Cottbus
 Simon Leinen, Switch
 Martin May, ETH Zürich
 Christos Papadopoulos, University of Southern California
 Olivier Paul, INT
 Jürgen Quittek, NEC Heidelberg
 Douglas Reeves, North Carolina State University
 Peter Reiher, UCLA
 Patricia Sagemeister, IBM Research Zurich
 James Sterbenz, University of Kansas and Lancaster University
 Yuval Shavitt, Tel Aviv University
 Morris Sloman, Imperial College London
 Henk Uijterwaal, RIPE
 Marcel Waldvogel, University of Konstanz
 Sherif Yusuf, Imperial College London

ORGANISATION

This workshop is sponsored and initiated by the IST Diadem Firewall
project which has been focusing on denial of service attack detection
and mitigation. The sponsorship by the IST Diadem Firewall project will
allow to keep registration fees to very low costs.

Local Organisation:
 Chair for Computer Networks and Internet,
 University of Tuebingen, Germany
 http://net.informatik.uni-tuebingen.de/

=========================================================================

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt