Subject: [AVT] caller ID across Internet

From: "Lebl" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 06:27:47 +0200

I am looking for some RFC or other recommendation which deals
with sending analog caller ID signals defined in specification
ETS 300 659 across Internet. and their reconstruction to analog
signals, like sending DTMF signals according RFC2833. I couldn't
find it. Please, can anyone help me?
Thanking you in advance
                                        Lebl Aleksandar
                                        IRITEL
                                        e-mail: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 16:43:27 +0200

First, you've to check out which physical layer support you require (at the
PSTN side of your gateway) for the ETSI Subscriber Line Protocol (SLP),
because ETS 300 659 offers two possibilities:
1) FSK-based V.23 modem or
2) DTMF (see ETS 300 659 Annex C)

Guess you could support the DTMF-based SLP with RFC 2833, but not the
V.23-based SLP in my understanding.

Transport possibilities for "V.23-based SLP"-over-RTP could be
a) VBDoIP mode according ITU-T Rec. V.152 with G.711 as VBD codec (=
V.23/G.711/RTP/UDP/IP), or
b) CMDoIP mode according RFC 4040 (= V.23/1x64/RTP/UDP/IP).
If your IP network has a "significant" IPLR, then you need a more assured
transport service, e.g. with additional RFC2198 and/or RFC 2733 support.

The appropriateness of the correspondent RTP transport mode depends also
"when" the PSTN supplementary service is delivered (i.e., the SLP becomes
active); ETS 300 659 supports three options:
* CLIP delivery in on-hook state,
* CLIP delivery in off-hook state, and
* CLIP delivery in active call state ("if this is at all a valid use case
for CLIP, i don't know).

- Albrecht

                      "Lebl"                                                                                                       
                      <[email-masked].         To:      <[email-masked]>                                                             
                      ac.yu>                   cc:                                                                                 
                                               Subject: [AVT] caller ID across Internet                                            
                      23.05.2006 06:27