Subject: [AVT] Working group last call: draft-ietf-avt-rfc3555bis-04.txt and draft-ietf-avt-rfc3555bis-part2-00.txt

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 17:44:04 +0100

This is to announce a working group last call on the Media Type  
Registration of RTP Payload Formats <draft-ietf-avt- 
rfc3555bis-04.txt> and the Media Type Registration of Payload Formats  
in the RTP Profile for Audio and Video Conferences <draft-ietf-avt- 
rfc3555bis-part2-00.txt>. Please send any final comments on these  
drafts to the mailing list by 15th May 2006. If no substantive  
comments are received by that time, we will request the IESG consider  
these drafts for publication as proposed standard RFCs, to update RFC  
3555.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rfc3555bis-04.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rfc3555bis- 
part2-00.txt

Colin

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 17:16:04 +0200

Hi,

These documents looks good and are in my opinion ready to be published.

One comment would be that audio/L16 channels parameter could benefit 
from the channel order formulation that the other has:

"The channel order is as specified in RFC 3551.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 12:30:06 +0100

This working group last call has ended, with Magnus' note below being  
the only comment.

Steve - can you quickly do an update to the 3555bis-part2 draft to  
add the text below? Once done, we'll send these drafts to the IESG  
for publication as proposed standard RFCs to update RFC 3555.

Colin

On 15 May 2006, at 16:16, Magnus Westerlund wrote:
> One comment would be that audio/L16 channels parameter could  
> benefit from the channel order formulation that the other has:
>

---

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 10:04:54 -0400

Forgive me, I sent some comments privately a while back and should have 
sent them on the list. The IANA registrations talk about MIME media 
types. The word MIME should probably be deleted. Here is the exact text 
to go into the IANA Considerations section:

<begin>
In the registry title "RTP Payload Format MIME types" and the 
introductory text, "MIME" should be changed to "media". "MIME" should be 
deleted from the table headings, leaving just "media type" and 
"subtype". These changes are a consequence of RFC 4288.
<end>

Colin Perkins wrote:
> Steve - can you quickly do an update to the 3555bis-part2 draft to add 
> the text below? Once done, we'll send these drafts to the IESG for 
> publication as proposed standard RFCs to update RFC 3555.
> 
> Colin
> 
> 
>

---

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 15:48:21 +0100

Seems reasonable.
Colin

On 17 May 2006, at 15:04, Tom-PT Taylor wrote:

> Forgive me, I sent some comments privately a while back and should  
> have sent them on the list. The IANA registrations talk about MIME  
> media types. The word MIME should probably be deleted. Here is the  
> exact text to go into the IANA Considerations section:
>
> <begin>
> introductory text, "MIME" should be changed to "media". "MIME"  
> should be deleted from the table headings, leaving just "media  
> type" and "subtype". These changes are a consequence of RFC 4288.
> <end>
>
> Colin Perkins wrote:
>> This working group last call has ended, with Magnus' note below  
>> being the only comment.

---

From: Stephen Casner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 11:49:30 -0700 (PDT)

Colin

> for publication as proposed standard RFCs to update RFC 3555.

Yes, I can quickly do an update for Magnus's comment and Tom's comment
about "MIME type" vs. "media type" (I thought I had already done
that).  The only thing is I need to check whether the channel order
for audio/L16 is supposed to say something about the expanded channel
order definition in the DV audio spec.

                                                        -- Steve