Subject: [AVT] Did anyone ever implement RFC2733 ?

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 10:54:15 -0700

Did anyone ever implement RFC 2733 style FEC in any products? Are  
they still shipping? Does anyone use it?

If you know of any products that do this - I would greatly appreciate  
help getting an idea of how much usage of 2733 exists.

Thanks, Cullen

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Andrea Lorenzo VITALI <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 09:21:24 +0200

We (STMicroelectronics) implemented a software FEC encoder/decoder which
is fully compliant with RFC 2733.

The encoding scheme is done in real-time by specifying which packets in
the transmitter buffer have to be xored.

Decoding is automatic and independent of the encoding scheme.
Performance depends on the size of the receiver buffer with respect to
the encoding scheme (distance between xored packets).

It has been tested for audio streaming where FEC is adaptively added
based on channel statistics (e.g. packet loss rate) and where there is
no time for retransmission.

  Andrea Vitali

> Did anyone ever implement RFC 2733 style FEC in any products? Are they
> still shipping? Does anyone use it?
> 

-- 
 ______________________________________________________________

  Andrea VITALI                            [email-masked]

  tel (+39) 039 603 7244             mobile (+39) 347 93 08 433
  fax (+39) 039 603 6129

  STMicroelectronics
  Centro Direzionale COLLEONI - Palazzo "DIALETTICA"
  20041 Agrate Brianza (MI) ITALY
 ______________________________________________________________