Subject: [AVT] Changes in draft-ietf-avt-2833biscas-02.txt

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 16:51:46 -0400

I have submitted an update to the RFC 2833 bis CAS events document. It
incorporates changes following on from IETF Last Call and IESG comments
on 2833bis and 2833bisdata. It also incorporates comments from
Aleksandar Lebl and his colleague Zarko Markov. I believe with these 
changes the document may be ready
for WG Last Call.

Here are the changes in detail:

1. Added "Updates RFC xxxx" [2833bis] and "Obsoletes RFC 2833" to the
document header.

2. Changed the Abstract to match that of 2833bisdata.

3. Changed the following codes to avoid collision with deprecated 2833
events, as discussed in previous notes:

Continuity check-tone   from 167 to 121
Continuity verify-tone  from 168 to 122
MF Code 11 or KP3P/ST3P from 138 to 123
MF KP or KP1            from 139 to 124
MF KP2 or KP2P/ST2P     from 140 to 125
MF ST                   from 141 to 126
MF Code 12 or KP'/STP   from 142 to 127

This affected Table 1, the SS No. 5 codings in section 2.1.2, the R1
codings in section 2.2.2, the continuity tone codings in section 2.5,
and Table 6 in the IANA Considerations section.

4. Changed the introductory paragraph to Table 1 to read as follows:

   "Table 1 lists all of the events defined in this document.  As
    indicated in Table 8 (Appendix I) of RFC xxxx [3], some of these
    events were previously defined in RFC 2833 [9].  Others are new.
    A number of the RFC 2833 events have been deprecated because they
    were redundant or inadequately documented. The latter have
    been replaced by new events whose meaning and relationship to
    published standards is clearly spelled out in this memo."

5. In response to remarks on ABCD bit signalling made by Aleksandar
Lebl, added a normative reference to G.704. Given the ambiguities as to 
how the unused bits should be set, as revealed by that reference, added 
the following events:

A = 0    event code = 206
A = 1    event code = 207
AB = 00      event code = 208
AB = 01      event code = 209
AB = 10      event code = 210
AB = 11      event code = 211

Changed various places in the document where A or AB bit events are used 
to reflect the new code assignments.

6. Modified text on R2 signalling as suggested by Lebl and Zarkov.

7. Made the Security Considerations section more thorough.

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt