Subject: [AVT] Changes in draft-ietf-avt-rfc2833bisdata-07.txt

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 16:13:59 -0400

Draft-ietf-avt-rfc2833bisdata has been resubmitted with the addition of
changes arising during the IETF Last Call, Gen-Art review, and IESG
review process. The following is a detailed list of the changes from
draft-ietf-avt-rfc2833bisdata-06.txt.

1. Added "Obsoletes: 2833 (if approved)"and "Updates: xxxx (if 
approved)" in document header.

2. Deleted "(currently draft-ietf-avt-rfc2833bis-10)" from the Abstract, 
and added the following at the end of the Abstract:

"  It supersedes the assignment of event codes for this
    purpose in RFC 2833, and therefore obsoletes that part of RFC 2833.

    [Note to RFC Editor: please replace "RFC xxxx" in the header above
    and throughout this document with the RFC number assigned to
    draft-ietf-avt-rfc2833bis-14.  Please also make the appropriate
    change to the first normative reference.]"

3. In the terminology section, deleted extra text from the first 
paragraph to bring it exactly into line with RFC 2119.

4. Spelling fixes:
    "renabled" -> "re-enabled" at the end of section 1.2;
    "occuring" -> occurring" in section 2.1;
    "occurrence" -> occurence" in various places (but I suspect I 
shouldn't have done that -- fix in AUTH48);
    "echo cancellor" -> "echo canceller" in a number of places.

5. Basically rewrote the Security Considerations section. There is a new 
discussion on the dangers and protection required if using V.21 bit 
events to carry user data. The need for confidentiality even for control 
information is noted. A "SHOULD" requirement is stated for the use of 
SRTP, with the same qualifications as in the 2833bis document.

6. Added a normative reference to SRTP. Note that this affected 
reference numbering for most of the other references in the document.

7. Updated the reference to the 2833bis document to the latest version.

8. Added a reference to RFC 3552 (Guidelines for Writing RFC Text on 
Security Considerations) at the start of the Informative References section.

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt