Subject: [AVT] Request for implementation report of IPv6 Compression Protocol option in RFC 2472

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 13:42:52 +0100

Hi,

The IPv6 WG is trying to take RFC 2472 (IP Version 6 over PPP) to Draft 
standard. However they are lacking implementation reports on one part of 
the document, namely the IPv6 Compression Protocol option defined in 
Section 4.2 of RFC 2472. As both RFC 3241 (Robust Header Compression 
(ROHC) over PPP) and RFC 3544 (IP Header Compression over PPP) are 
documents that actually uses the option you may have implemented and 
hopefully tested against another implementation.

Please provide your report or at least an indication that you are going 
to submit a report before the 1st of December. If no implementation 
reports are forthcoming then the result may be that the option needs to 
be removed from the udpate of RFC 2472.

If you have an implementation of RFC 3241 or RFC3544 and have 
succesfully interoperated at least the IPv6 compression protocol option 
please submit an implementation report on Section 4.2 of RFC 2472.

An Implementation report is sent to [email-masked] with CC to 
me and [email-masked]. Please include at least the following 
information in the implementation report:

Exactly what you tested: In that case at least section 4.2 of RFC 2472,
but you are welcome to report that you have implemented more parts.
When you tested:
With whom you tested: Multiple parties is better
If your implementation uses code from some publicly available source. 
Please indicate which.
Who you are: Your contact information

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt