Subject: [AVT] RFC 4695 on RTP Payload Format for MIDI

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 17:59:04 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4695

        Title:      RTP Payload Format for MIDI 
        Author:     J. Lazzaro, J. Wawrzynek
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       November 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      169
        Characters: 403808
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avt-rtp-midi-format-15.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4695.txt

This memo describes a Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) payload
format for the MIDI (Musical Instrument Digital Interface) command
language.  The format encodes all commands that may legally appear on
a MIDI 1.0 DIN cable.  The format is suitable for interactive
applications (such as network musical performance) and
content-delivery applications (such as file streaming).  The format
may be used over unicast and multicast UDP and TCP, and it defines
tools for graceful recovery from packet loss.  Stream behavior,
including the MIDI rendering method, may be customized during session
setup.  The format also serves as a mode for the mpeg4-generic format,
to support the MPEG 4 Audio Object Types for General MIDI,
Downloadable Sounds Level 2, and Structured Audio.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to RFC-DIST-REQUEST@d be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt