Subject: [AVT] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-avt-rtp-and-rtcp-mux-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Multiplexing RTP Data and Control Packets on a Single Port
	Author(s)	: C. Perkins, M. Westerlund
	Filename	: draft-ietf-avt-rtp-and-rtcp-mux-02.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2006-11-20
	
This memo discusses issues that arise when multiplexing RTP data
   packets and RTP control protocol (RTCP) packets on a single UDP port.
   It updates RFC 3550 to describe when such multiplexing is, and is
   not, appropriate, and explains how the Session Description Protocol
   (SDP) can be used to signal multiplexed sessions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-and-rtcp-mux-02.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-avt-rtp-and-rtcp-mux-02.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-and-rtcp-mux-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Randell Jesup <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 16:49:16 -0500

>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-and-rtcp-mux-02.txt

Is there a summary anywhere for the differences since -01?  I didn't see
one in the text, and (as I've mentioned before) it's a pain to do
side-by-side diffs on IETF-formatted text....

Thanks!

-- 
Randell Jesup, Worldgate (developers of the Ojo videophone), ex-Amiga OS team
[email-masked]
"The fetters imposed on liberty at home have ever been forged out of the weapons
provided for defence against real, pretended, or imaginary dangers from abroad."
		- James Madison, 4th US president (1751-1836)

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 11:11:08 +0100

> side-by-side diffs on IETF-formatted text....

There is side by side diffs available from the tools.ietf.org/wg/avt:

http://tools.ietf.org/wg/avt/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-and-rtcp-mux/

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Randell Jesup <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 00:55:19 -0500

>http://tools.ietf.org/wg/avt/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-and-rtcp-mux/

Excellent, thanks!  It would be nice to get a link to that added to the
boilerplate for the draft announcements that show up here.