Subject: [AVT] RFC 4696 on An Implementation Guide for RTP MIDI

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 17:59:18 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4696

        Title:      An Implementation Guide for RTP 
                    MIDI 
        Author:     J. Lazzaro, J. Wawrzynek
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       November 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      38
        Characters: 83827
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avt-rtp-midi-guidelines-15.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4696.txt

This memo offers non-normative implementation guidance for the
Real-time Protocol (RTP) MIDI (Musical Instrument Digital Interface)
payload format.  The memo presents its advice in the context of a
network musical performance application.  In this application two
musicians, located in different physical locations, interact over a
network to perform as they would if located in the same room.
Underlying the performances are RTP MIDI sessions over unicast UDP.
Algorithms for sending and receiving recovery journals (the resiliency
structure for the payload format) are described in detail.  Although
the memo focuses on network musical performance, the presented
implementation advice is relevant to other RTP MIDI applications.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments shoulFrom [email-masked] Fri Nov 10 21:01:46 2006
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 17:59:18 -0800
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Subject: [AVT] RFC 4696 on An Implementation Guide for RTP MIDI

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4696

        Title:      An Implementation Guide for RTP 
                    MIDI 
        Author:     J. Lazzaro, J. Wawrzynek
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       November 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      38
        Characters: 83827
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avt-rtp-midi-guidelines-15.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4696.txt

This memo offers non-normative implementation guidance for the
Real-time Protocol (RTP) MIDI (Musical Instrument Digital Interface)
payload format.  The memo presents its advice in the context of a
network musical performance application.  In this application two
musicians, located in different physical locations, interact over a
network to perform as they would if located in the same room.
Underlying the performances are RTP MIDI sessions over unicast UDP.
Algorithms for sending and receiving recovery journals (the resiliency
structure for the payload format) are described in detail.  Although
the memo focuses on network musical performance, the presented
implementation advice is relevant to other RTP MIDI applications.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt