Subject: [AVT] Call for Papers: NOSSDAV 2007

From: Dongyan Xu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 23:09:35 -0500 (EST)

Please accept my apologies if you receive multiple copies!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
                           CALL FOR PAPER

      The 17th International Workshop on Network and Operating
     Systems Support for Digital Audio and Video (NOSSDAV 2007)
                      Urbana-Champaign, IL, USA
                           June 4-5, 2007
                       Sponsored by ACM SIGMM
                    http://www.nossdav.org/2007

              Paper Submission Deadline: February 5, 2007

For seventeen years,  NOSSDAV has fostered cutting-edge, state-of-the-art
research in multimedia and newly emerging areas such as networked games and
peer-to-peer streaming.  The workshop environment encourages lively
discussion among participants and invites strong feedback for work in
progress.  In 2007, NOSSDAV will be held at the University of Illinois at
Urbana-Champaign, IL, USA.

NOSSDAV invites submissions on all areas of multimedia computing and
networking and strongly encourages work in progress in emerging areas.
Papers grounded in high quality experimental research based on prototype
and real systems are highly valued.  NOSSDAV will give extra consideration
to papers that aim to comprehensively validate previous work in some 
topic within multimedia, propose new directions for research or call into
question existing conventional wisdom. Topics of interest include, 
but are not limited to:

- Peer-to-peer streaming
- Networked games
- Sensor networks and architectures
- In-network stream processing
- Wireless and mobile multimedia systems
- 3D multimedia and tele-immersion
- Streaming 3D graphics and virtual worlds
- Application-level multicast
- Multimedia security
- Digital rights management
- Real-time operating system support for multimedia
- Multimedia middleware and frameworks
- Multimedia grids
- Programmable and GPU/SPU-enabled multimedia

A broad view will be taken in deciding what topics are within scope.
Please feel free to contact the workshop co-chairs if you are unsure 
and wish to check if a particular paper or topic is within the workshop 
scope.

As always, student participation is strongly encouraged. To 
encourage a good mix of seasoned researchers as well as students, we 
will be offering discounted registration for non-student co-authors 
of a paper or other non-student participants associated with the 
author of a paper (participants from the same institution).

Submissions (as well as the camera ready final versions of accepted
papers) should be no longer than 6 pages.  We expect these 
submissions to be the kernel of what will eventually lead to full-length 
papers at high-quality conferences or journals.

This year, a few of accepted NOSSDAV papers with highest quality are 
selected and their authors are invited to submit an extended version of 
their papers to a special issue of ACM/Springer Multimedia Systems Journal 
(MMSJ). MMSJ is a well-known International journal, published by the 
Springer Verlag, and sponsored by the ACM SIGMM organization. This journal 
publishes new research results in the areas of multimedia systems, 
multimedia networking, multimedia applications, multimedia security, 
multimedia education, multimedia coding, and multimedia retrieval systems.

Program Co-chairs:

     Reza Rejaie  (University of Oregon)
     Klara Nahrstedt (UIUC)

Important Dates:

             Paper registration: February 5, 2007
               Paper submission: February 12, 2007
                   Notification: March 31, 2007
                   Camera ready: April 19, 2007
                       Workshop: June 4-5, 2007

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt