Subject: [AVT] RE: [MMUSIC] linking two streams in SDP

From: "Thomas Schierl" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 11:35:37 +0100

For scalable video coding these indications are still under discussion.
Please find the last draft here:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schierl-mmusic-layered-codec-02.tx
t

Thomas

> -----Original Message-----

> From: Adam Li [mailto:[email-masked]]

> Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2007 1:10 AM

> To: Dave Singer

> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]

> Subject: Re: [MMUSIC] linking two streams in SDP

> David,

> For forward error correction, I think you can use RFC 4756 (FEC

> Semantics)  with RFC 3388 (Media Line Grouping). There might be similar

> semantics for scalable coding.

> Adam

> Dave Singer wrote:

> > If I have one stream which carries optional 'repair' data for another

> > stream, and I want to send them on two separate multicast groups, or

> > two separate streams to an RTSP client, how would I indicate that

> > 'this media stream' is the repair data for 'that media stream' in SDP?

> > I guess this is somewhat like scalable coding, in which I would need

> > to say 'this stream' is an enhancement, and builds on 'that stream'.

> > I have no idea how to write a stream reference in SDP, i.e. how to say

> > 'that stream'.  The techniques for scalable coding seem to be confined

> > to assigning consecutive port numbers or multicast addresses, neither

> > of which seem to apply when RTSP/SDP is used.

> > Help?

> _______________________________________________

> mmusic mailing list

> [email-masked]

> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/mmusic

---
Visit us at 

OFC/NFOEC 2007 / March 25th-29th, Anaheim / USA,   Booth 3425, 3520

CeBIT 2007 / March 15th-21st, Hannover / Germany,  Hall 9, Booth B36
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt