Subject: [AVT] RFC 5285 on A General Mechanism for RTP Header Extensions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 15:50:57 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5285

        Title:      A General Mechanism for RTP 
                    Header Extensions 
        Author:     D. Singer, H. Desineni
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       July 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 36844
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-avt-rtp-hdrext-15.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5285.txt

This document provides a general mechanism to use the header
extension feature of RTP (the Real-Time Transport Protocol).  It
provides the option to use a small number of small extensions in each
RTP packet, where the universe of possible extensions is large and
registration is de-centralized.  The actual extensions in use in a
session are signaled in the setup information for that session.  
[STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt