Subject: [AVT] FW: Report of an SVC editors' meeting of July 22, 2008 and ad-hoc meeting for Dublin

From: "Even, Roni" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 13:08:25 +0300

Hi,
This is the summary of the current state of the work on SVC.
We intend to have an ad-hoc session in Dublin and you are invited to
join.
The ad-hoc will be on Wednesday (July 30) 15:00 - 17:00. Location will
be sent later.

We are asking for people to review the current draft and supply feedback

This is the summary made by Alex with Thomas comments.

The editors group included: Alex Eleftheriadis, Thomas Schierl, Even,
Roni, Ye-Kui Wang and Miska Hannuksela

had a meeting yesterday at the JVT meeting in Hannover, and resolved
open issues 6 and 7. There was also a  
discussion on signaling, but did not reach a conclusion.

FYI, here is a summary of the resolutions from my meeting notes.

1. Open Issue #7: PACSI in NI-MTAPs/MTAPs

* PACSI allowed in MTAPs and NI-MTAPs

* First NAL unit in aggregation unit, or in a single NAL unit packet

* PACSI fields to be adapted for MTAP use. For example, A bit to
   indicate if there at least one anchor layer representation in the
   packet. All fields appear to be ok, except that Alex must see how to
   extend the S/E bits and TL0PICIDX to cover MTAPs.

2. Open Issue #6: Calculation of CS-DON in NI-MTAPs in NI-TC mode

See redesign in next issue for how this is resolved.

- Re-design PACSI etc. to be extensible.

3.  New design: Extending the number of available NAL units using NAL
unit type 31 adding a Subtype field 5 bits, plus 3 bits as free flags.

Subtypes: 0 reserved, 1 is empty NAL unit (used for NI-T decoding order

recovery), 2 is NI-MTAP.

For subtype 2, the last flag bit signals if the DON field is present.
Subtypes not recognized SHALL BE ignored.

In NI-TC mode, this bit is set, DON fields are set, used by NI-C
receivers, ignored by NI-T receivers. In NI-T mode this bit is not
set, DON fields are not present.

In NI-T mode the DON-present-flag shall be ignored, it is not read at
all.

PACSI keeps its own NAL unit type.

4.  PACSI will be optional in general and text is something like "PACIS
MAY be present in single NAL unit and aggregation packets...". But, it
is mandatory for NI-C and NI-TC modes. 
  Text should be added on what PACSI is good for in the optional case.

5.   We further discussed, if SDP parameters "scalability SEI" +
scalable-layer-id can be assumed to be understandable by an offer/answer
device. We further discussed if there is also a need for human readable
parameters in the SDP instead of the binary description of the
scalability SEI.

Thanks
Roni Even 
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt