Subject: [AVT] RTA packetization

From: "Rolando Herrero" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 17:21:52 -0400

All,

Is anyone aware of an RTP packetization and signaling (SDP) rule for RTA
(the audio codec from Microsoft) ? I don't seem able to find any...

Thanks./
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 17:23:43 -0700

> Is anyone aware of an RTP packetization and signaling (SDP) 
> rule for RTA (the audio codec from Microsoft) ? I don't seem 
> able to find any...

I believe their codec is called RTAudio (and its friend, RTVideo).  A bit of
searching led me to:

"RTAudio Overview",
http://download.microsoft.com/download/3/8/0/3803da3e-3f1e-4faa-ba22-b217385df
052/RTAudio%20Overview.doc

and "Session Description Protocol (SDP) Extensions",
http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/6/F/16F4E321-AA6B-4FA3-8AD3-E94C895A3
C97/%5BMS-SDPEXT%5D.PDF
http://tinyurl.com/67ere6

-d