Subject: [AVT] Guidelines for RTCP translator

From: "Ido Benda" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 10:23:57 +0300

Hi all,
 
I am looking for guidelines on implementing RTP translator and more
specifically the RTCP translation functionality.
RFC3550 only gives high level guidelines and states that "The general
rule is to do what makes sense for a particular translation" (section
7.2).
 
Are there any other references for this issue? Are there any
implementations deployed?
 
An example application might be Session Border Controller (SBC) that
changes encoding/bandwidth etc.
Is there specification on the RTP/RTCP handling at the SBC in
particular?
 
Regards,
Ido Benda
 
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: "Even, Roni" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 10:32:29 +0300

Ido,

Look at RFC 5117 for topologies.

Roni Even

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Ido Benda
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 10:24 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [AVT] Guidelines for RTCP translator

Hi all,

Regards,

Ido Benda

---

From: "Schwarz Albrecht" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 10:35:56 +0200

Ido,
look at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hunt-avt-monarch-00.txt
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hunt-avt-monarch-00.txt>  too
when looking at " Session Border Controller (SBC) that changes
encoding/bandwidth etc".
 
You may also look at specifications for decomposed SBCs (like e.g.
TISPAN H.248 Ia profile spec (ES 283 018), ITU-T H.248 Rw profile spec
(Q.3303.2/Q.3323.2), MSF H.248 SBG profile spec (MSF-IA-MEGACO-14):
-> support of "Back-to-Back RTP endsystem" mode ... "RTP translator"
mode ... "non-RTP aware" mode (dependent of media-aware ...
media-agnostic SBC bearer modes)

/Albrecht

________________________________

	From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Even, Roni
	Sent: Mittwoch, 16. Juli 2008 09:32
	To: Ido Benda; [email-masked]
	Subject: Re: [AVT] Guidelines for RTCP translator

	Ido,

	Roni Even

	From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Ido Benda
	Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 10:24 AM
	To: [email-masked]
	Subject: [AVT] Guidelines for RTCP translator

	Hi all,

	I am looking for guidelines on implementing RTP translator and
more specifically the RTCP translation functionality.

	RFC3550 only gives high level guidelines and states that "The
general rule is to do what makes sense for a particular translation"
(section 7.2).

	An example application might be Session Border Controller (SBC)
that changes encoding/bandwidth etc.

	Regards,

	Ido Benda