Subject: [AVT] I-D Action:draft-ietf-avt-rtp-howto-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 05:45:02 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : How to Write an RTP Payload Format
	Author(s)       : M. Westerlund
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avt-rtp-howto-04.txt
	Pages           : 54
	Date            : 2008-07-11

This document contains information on how to best write an RTP
payload format.  Reading tips, design practices, and practical tips
on how to quickly and with good results produce an RTP payload format
specification.  A template is also included with instructions that
can be used when writing an RTP payload format.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-howto-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 16:05:17 +0200

Hi,

Not much have happened here. Just a few reference updates. I am lacking 
input on this document. Both from new people who are unused to RTP that 
reads it and if they find things that could be improved. I also are 
looking for some proposals around scalability or if things are in a to 
big flux to skip it.

Cheers

Magnus

[email-masked] skrev:
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> I-D-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
> Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
> or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

-- 

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Färögatan 6                | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Alex Eleftheriadis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 18:07:53 +0300

Hi Magnus.

I actually read the draft and had some comments. I will pull them up  
and post them. I remember a few language-related corrections.

Regarding scalability, I think we learned a lot over the past few  
months working intensely on the SVC draft, and the collective know- 
how appears to have converged. Right now I believe that only  
signaling matters are still a bit in flux, but we are working to sort  
them out (it's a matter of a few weeks really).

I will try to produce some meaningful input after we are done with  
version 13 that is due on Monday. There are a number of issues that  
are generic, and should (re)appear in any scalable payload format.

--Alex

On Jul 11, 2008, at 5:05 PM, Magnus Westerlund wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Not much have happened here. Just a few reference updates. I am  
> lacking input on this document. Both from new people who are unused  
> to RTP that reads it and if they find things that could be  
> improved. I also are looking for some proposals around scalability  
> or if things are in a to big flux to skip it.
>
> Cheers
>
> Magnus
>

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 10:57:16 +0200

Alex Eleftheriadis skrev:
> Hi Magnus.
> 
> I actually read the draft and had some comments. I will pull them up and 
> post them. I remember a few language-related corrections.

Great,

> 
> Regarding scalability, I think we learned a lot over the past few months 
> working intensely on the SVC draft, and the collective know-how appears 
> to have converged. Right now I believe that only signaling matters are 
> still a bit in flux, but we are working to sort them out (it's a matter 
> of a few weeks really).
> 
> version 13 that is due on Monday. There are a number of issues that are 
> generic, and should (re)appear in any scalable payload format.
> 

Greately appreciated

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund