Subject: [AVT] Off-Topic: TCP congestion control: Reno vs. Vegas

From: "Alejandro Cabrera Obed" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 12:30:55 -0300

Dear all,  I'm involved in some congestion control tests using Linux
boxes which use TCP Reno as the default TCP congestion control.

I read that TCP Vegas is better than Reno because it measures the
round-trip delay from all the transmitted packets and after that, in
case of congestion, the data rate decreases faster than measuring the
packet loss.

What TCP stack do you recommend to avoid congestion control in
"best-effort" scenarios for TCP traffic ???

Special thanks.

-- 
Alejandro Cabrera Obed
[email-masked]
www.alejandrocabrera.com.ar
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 11:45:24 +0300

Hi,

AVT is not the correct list for this topic. I suggest the ICCRG list  
(CC'ed.)

Lars