Subject: [AVT] Class project - RTP library enhancements

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 08:55:42 -0400

In my VoIP class, students are considering enhancing one of the RTP  
libraries with recent RTP extensions, such as the RTCP enhancements.  
I'd appreciate suggestions on a good choice of a library to use as a  
base and maybe a list of extensions that you'd particularly like to  
see. Consider it a small-scale "fall of code"...

Henning
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Ivar Lumi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 16:11:52 +0300

Hi,

I can offer C# based implementation.
Though it's not 100% finished yet, like jitter buffer + frame 
construction(i think its better to handle these other layer than RTP),
RTP media clock.

It's my free time hobby project, because i haven't completed it yet 100%.
To be honest, RTP rfc is the worst i have seen(compared 
SIP,SMTP,POP3,IMAP, DNS what i have worked with). Very hard to follow, 
to get point out of it, though after messing weeks with it, all comes 
together eventually.

If any interest, i'm glad to sahere my work.

---

From: Ross Finlayson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 06:33:16 -0700

>see. Consider it a small-scale "fall of code"...

People are welcome to use our (LGPL) "LIVE555 Streaming Media" code: 
<http://www.live555.com/liveMedia/>.  This software is widely used in 
many existing servers and clients (for example, in the VLC media 
player client).  Support for the RTCP extensions (beyond RFC 3550 
RTCP, which it already implements) would be a welcome addition.

(Note, however, that the software currently doesn't implement SIP 
server functionality (only SIP client functionality), so it might not 
be the most ideal choice for a "VoIP class".)

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>