Subject: [AVT] Comments on draft-ietf-avt-seed-srtp-04

From: "Roni Even" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 11:06:26 +0300

Hi,

I read the draft and have some comments

1. In the introduction section please add references to SEED, SRTP, RTP and
RTCP.

2. The SEED RFC 4009 is informational RFC, you cannot have it as a Normative
reference. Since the draft describes the keying you can have it as
Informative reference.

3.  "All symmetric block cipher algorithms share common characteristics  and
valuables" what do you mean by valuables.

4.  In section 2.1.2 since this is about SRTP why not just say that L equal
2 and that nonce size equal 13

5. In section 2.1.3 change the second paragraph to " SEED-GCM has four
inputs: a key, a payload, and an additional authenticated data (AAD) all
described in section 2.1.2, and an initialization vector (IV)."

6. In section 2.2 instead of " SEED supports 128 bit" say "SEED defines a
128 bit ."

7. nits - in a couple of place you have " is defined as the most significant
bit of the initialization vector" it should be "bits"

Regards

Roni Even

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: 윤석웅 <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 23:40:07 +0900 (KST)

WINiPMail Mail

Thank Roni for comments

All comments will be accepted and one answer is below :

BR,

Seokung

----- 메일의 원문 -----

From: Roni Even <[email-masked]>

Sent: Wed Sep 17 17:06:26 KST 2008

To: [email-masked]

Subject: [AVT] Comments on draft-ietf-avt-seed-srtp-04

Hi,

1. In the introduction section please add references to
SEED, SRTP, RTP and RTCP.

2. The SEED RFC 4009 is informational RFC, you cannot have
it as a Normative reference. Since the draft describes the keying you can have
it as Informative reference.

3.  "All symmetric block
cipher algorithms share common characteristics  and valuables" what
do you mean by valuables.

>>  All symmetric block ciphers can be characterized
by these parameters. Common Characterisics and valuables include mode, key size,
weak keys, block size,

rounds, and etc.

4.
In section 2.1.2 since this is about SRTP why not just say that L equal 2
and that nonce size equal 13

5.
In section 2.1.3 change the second paragraph to " SEED-GCM has four inputs: a key, a payload,
and an additional authenticated data (AAD) all described in section 2.1.2, and
an initialization vector (IV)."

6.
In section 2.2 instead of " SEED supports 128 bit" say "SEED
defines a 128 bit …"

7.
nits – in a couple of place you have " is defined as the most
significant bit of the initialization vector" it should be
"bits"

Regards

Roni
Even

[email-masked]