Subject: [AVT] RTP multi-unicast

From: Ivar Lumi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2008 14:52:50 +0300

Hi,

Are there any documents related to RTP multi-unicast sessions ?

Like how RTCP is affected, sessions isolation, ...

Thanks,
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt

---

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 13:44:01 +0200

> Like how RTCP is affected, sessions isolation, ...

RTP multi-unicast is the same as any-sender multicast (ASM). The only 
difference is that instead of sending out a packet to a multicast group 
one sends to a list of unicast destinations. The correct way of doing 
this is to make everyone see everyone so that it truly becomes one RTP 
session.

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

IETF Transport Area Director & TSVWG Chair
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Färögatan 6                | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt