Subject: [AVT] New draft - RTP Payload Format for Non-Interleaved and Interleaved Parity FEC

From: "Ali C. Begen (abegen)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 08:41:59 -0700

Hi everyone,

I've submitted a new payload format draft for the interleaved and
non-interleaved parity FEC protection for source RTP streams. This draft
attempts to address the scalability issues that the earlier similar
specs had and provides several improvements (in terms of complying with
RTP). In particular, this payload format is suitable for high-bitrate
media flows and can provide protection against long bursty losses. 

Comments/questions are welcome.

Thanks,
-acbegen

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-begen-fecframe-1d2d-parity-sch
eme-01.txt

Abstract:

This document defines new RTP payload formats for the Forward Error
Correction (FEC) that is generated by the non-interleaved and
interleaved parity codes from a source media encapsulated in RTP.
These parity codes are systematic codes, where a number of repair
symbols are generated from a set of source symbols and sent in a
repair flow separate from the source flow that carries the source
symbols.  The non-interleaved and interleaved parity codes offer a
good protection against random and bursty packet losses,
respectively, at a cost of decent complexity.  The RTP payload
formats that are defined in this document address the scalability
issues experienced with the earlier specifications including RFC
2733, RFC 5109 and SMPTE 2022-1, and offer several improvements.  Due
to these changes, the new payload formats are not backward compatible
with the earlier specifications.
_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt