Subject: [AVT] Call for Submissions – ACM Multimedia 2009 - Multimedia networking, sensor networks, and systems support Track

From: Susanne Boll <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 14:02:20 +0100

Call for Submissions
17th INTERNATIONAL ACM CONFERENCE ON MULTIMEDIA 2009

Beijing Hotel, Beijing, China
October 19-24, 2009
  www.acmmm09.org
______________________________________________________

General Chairs

Wen Gao, Peking University, China
Yong Rui, Microsoft, China
Alan Hanjalic, Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands

cordially invite you to participate in this premier annual event on  
multimedia research, technology and art. The conference will have an  
excellent technical program, and will be surrounded by a multimedia  
art exhibition and a number of outstanding state-of-the-art tutorials  
and workshops. Special highlights will include an extended and  
carefully designed program of panel discussions, and the new concept  
of Multimedia Grand Challengethat we introduce in 2009 as a part of  
the conference prorgam.

The technical program will consist of the oral/poster sessions and  
invited talks with topics of interest in:
(a) Multimedia content analysis, processing, and retrieval
(b) Multimedia networking, sensor networks, and systems support
(c) Multimedia tools, end-systems, and applications
(d) Human-Centered Multimedia

Full papers are solicited to be presented in oral sessions, while  
short papers will be presented as posters in an interactive setting.

Important Dates for Full and Short Papers:

April 10, 2009              Full Paper Registration (Abstract  
Submission) Deadline
April 17, 2009              Full Paper Submission Deadline
May 8, 2009                 Short Paper Submission Deadline
July 3, 2009                 Notification of Acceptance
July 24, 2009               Camera-ready Submission Deadline

In addition to full and short papers, submissions are also solicited  
for the conference events listed below. The submission guidelines for  
each of the conference events can be found on http://www.acmmm09.org

Panels will consist of discussions on timely and controversial topics.

Tutorials will address the state-of-the-art developments regarding all  
aspects of multimedia, and will be of interest to the entire  
multimedia community, from novices in the world of multimedia to the  
most seasoned researchers, from people working in academia to industry  
professionals.

Workshops will address focused topics pertinent to the main conference  
that demand dedicated coverage due to their relevance to the current  
multimedia research and development.

Open Source Competition 2009 will be the sixth edition of this  
successful competition emphasizing the impact the ACM Multimedia  
conference aims to achieve on multimedia practice.

Brave New Topics track is a special sessions track containing papers  
extending the boundaries of multimedia research.

Technical Demos will show what is currently possible regarding all  
aspects of multimedia technology and its applications.

Video Program allows researchers and artists to demonstrate their  
tools, systems or applications without having to bring the equipment  
for a "live" demo.

Interactive Art Program will include long and short papers describing  
interactive multimedia art works, tools, applications, and technical  
approaches for creative uses of multimedia content and technology. It  
will also include an art exhibition.

NEW in 2009: Multimedia Grand Challenge is a set of challenges from  
various industry leaders, geared to engage the multimedia research  
community in solving relevant, interesting and challenging questions  
about the industry's 2-5 year horizon.

Doctoral Symposium is an opportunity for students involved in the  
preparation of a PhD to interactively discuss their research issues  
and ideas with senior researchers, and receive constructive feedback  
from members of the research community.

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt