Subject: [AVT] I-D Action:draft-ietf-avt-rtp-rfc3984bis-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 09:15:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RTP Payload Format for H.264 Video
	Author(s)       : Y. Wang, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-avt-rtp-rfc3984bis-03.txt
	Pages           : 97
	Date            : 2009-02-23

This memo describes an RTP Payload format for the ITU-T 
Recommendation H.264 video codec and the technically identical 
ISO/IEC International Standard 14496-10 video codec, excluding the 
Scalable Video Coding (SVC) extension and the Multivew Video Coding 
extension, for which the RTP payload formats are defined elsewhere.  
The RTP payload format allows for packetization of one or more 
Network Abstraction Layer Units (NALUs), produced by an H.264 video 
encoder, in each RTP payload.  The payload format has wide 
applicability, as it supports applications from simple low bit-rate 
conversational usage, to Internet video streaming with interleaved 
transmission, to high bit-rate video-on-demand. 

This memo obsoletes RFC 3984.  Changes from RFC 3984 are summarized 
in section 18.  Issues on backward compatibility to RFC 3984 are 
discussed in section 17.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-rfc3984bis-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Ye-Kui Wang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2009 13:29:05 -0500

We have addressed all the WGLC comments sent to the mailing list. Here is a
summary of main changes related to -02:

- Updated the boiler template
- Updated the definitions of "default sub-profile" and "default level"
- Added an optional media type parameter, in-band-parameter-sets, to enable
a receiver to indicate that it needs in-band parameter sets
- In section 8.4 (parameter set considerations), added a reference of the
rules of in-band and out-of-band parameter sets in section 8.2.2
- Updated section 11 (IANA Consideration)
- Updated authors' addresses (Ye-Kui is now with Huawei Technologies)
- Updated sections 17 (Backward Compatibility to RFC 3984) and 18 (Changes
from RFC 3984)

Thanks again to everyone who has reviewed the draft and provided WGLC
comments!

BR, YK
(on behalf of all authors)

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On 
> Behalf Of [email-masked]
> Sent: Monday, February 23, 2009 12:15 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [AVT] I-D Action:draft-ietf-avt-rtp-rfc3984bis-03.txt
> 
> Recommendation H.264 video codec and the technically 
> identical ISO/IEC International Standard 14496-10 video 
> codec, excluding the Scalable Video Coding (SVC) extension 
> and the Multivew Video Coding extension, for which the RTP 
> payload formats are defined elsewhere.  
> The RTP payload format allows for packetization of one or 
> more Network Abstraction Layer Units (NALUs), produced by an 
> H.264 video encoder, in each RTP payload.  The payload format 
> has wide applicability, as it supports applications from 
> simple low bit-rate conversational usage, to Internet video 
> streaming with interleaved transmission, to high bit-rate 
> video-on-demand. 
> 
> This memo obsoletes RFC 3984.  Changes from RFC 3984 are 
> summarized in section 18.  Issues on backward compatibility 
> to RFC 3984 are discussed in section 17.
> 
> Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail 
> reader implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII 
> version of the Internet-Draft.
>