Subject: Re: [AVT] Question on draft-perkins-avt-rapid-rtp-sync-00

From: Colin Perkins <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 23:41:48 +0000

On 10 Dec 2008, at 21:05, Eilon Yardeni wrote:
> The draft defines a new RTCP feedback message type RTCP-SR-REQ that  
> allows receivers to request RTCP SR from the media source in order  
> to synchronize the streams.
>
> This would allow receivers to send RTCP-SR-REQ as soon as they join  
> for fast synchronization; however, section 4 in the draft says that  
> "receivers using unicast feedback would not be allowed to send  
> immediate RTCP.". If SSM is used, receivers must use unicast  
> feedback (i.e. draft-ietf-avt-rtcpssm-17) for sending RTCP, so how  
> will they be able to send a fast RTCP-SR-REQ?

Using the RTP/AVPF profile. Immediate RTCP is not appropriate here,  
since you want to avoid implosion of messages to the feedback target.

-- 
Colin Perkins
http://csperkins.org/

_______________________________________________
Audio/Video Transport Working Group
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/avt